Topic: Ideal Humidity?

With winter on the horizon here in the "Great White North", I'm wondering what the consensus is on the ideal relative humidity for acoustic guitars? i currently have a combo dehumidifier / humidifier running in our basement, which is set to keep the air between 55% - 60% RH. I once read that this was ideal for acoustic guitars, but am asking if anything new has been learned that may have changed those figures.

Thoughts? Comments?

Re: Ideal Humidity?

Less than 40 is bad.  More than 65 or so risks mold.  You've got it right.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

From what I 've heard 55-60 is correct that's where I try to keep mine. Always a good idea to keep your instrument in that range when ever you can. Lots of good info on Youtube on humidity and your guitars.

Joe

45 to 55 is on the mark

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Thanks for the feedback. I only have 2 acoustics, but they're fairly decent ones that I want to keep in top shape, and wanted to be sure about this.