1 (edited by beamer 2013-12-07 22:19:45)

Topic: Boogie Board for a sled

Ok, being in semi north TX, we dont have a lot of snow, seems to run every 4 years.  Our snow this year was more of 3 inches of ice, but it makes for good sledding.  Only problem is finding the hills! (and not having a runner sled we improvised!)  So this is me and the boys version,, This vid is really only the youngest as the older one didnt want to come out a 2nd time yesterday (in his defence he spent 6 hours out with his brother today but I was not filming today)

So here it is set to Rob Halford's Christmas for Everyone.   http://youtu.be/sQeTfJK3Uj8

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: Boogie Board for a sled

Wait until the snow melts, the temp rises and everyone gets out of the house. A few years ago we received two feet of snow in the high desert of Southern California. We get snow every year up there but usually only a few inches and it melts in hours. Then it took about a week to melt due to the cold snap and the ice (about 4" thick in some places as the snow would melt, puddle and re-freeze at night), lasted for about two weeks. We in the fire department were running slip and falls all over the place until the ice melted.

Enjoy the snow. Hope the ice doesn't get you!

Kool!!!

I've done a lot of downhill snow runs in my WW kayaks but have never owned a boogie board.  I guess it'd be like a snow board without the foot straps.

In any case I'm just getting too old to play like that anymore - I went out a couple hours ago to shovel some of the snow and ice out of my driveway and did a back flip on the ice.  Not very graceful and I probably didn't get a very good score from the Russian judge. LOL ....... One second I was pushing snow and the next I was watching my feet above my head as I hit on my neck and shoulder. Took a little aspiran a while ago for the headache but can feel my shoulder tightening up as I type this.  Getting old SUCKS !!!!!

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Looks like fun although not so sure about coming down the steps and across the road. I don't think a boogie board has very good brakes smile.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Dirty Ed wrote:

Kool!!!

Getting old SUCKS !!!!!

DE

LOLOLOL Yes Yes it does!  the ground is also further away than I ever remember it being LOLOLOL I figured that out when I tried to show my son how to push/ run/ and jump on the boogie board!LOLOLOL -- It did provide my wife some good laughs though smile

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)