Topic: new free program

I posted this to FB and tagged a few of yhou but for the others of ya,,,,

Have you ever heard of JamKazam?  its free (at least for now) but looks like a killer set up.

http://www.jamkazam.com/

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: new free program

that looks real interesting beamer,are you going too try it?

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

if i can get logged in

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

thanks keep us posted.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

just got a welcome letter fromJamkazam, and as noted by amy you can not run skype with it due to band width. here is what they put in the letter.

1.       You really need to connect your computer to your network with an Ethernet cable. Do not use WiFi. In our testing, we found that WiFi creates both latency and audio quality problems. It’s not a question of bandwidth. It’s a packet rate problem. Most network gear simply cannot keep up with the packet rate of this service using WiFi.

2.       Don’t run other media-intensive apps on your computer or your home network while you are in a session. For example, if you run Skype at the same time as JamKazam on your computer, Skype will seriously degrade JamKazam audio performance. If someone in your home is streaming a Netflix movie, this has much less impact on your JamKazam session than another app like Skype running on your computer, but these other streaming services may have some impact on your session audio quality.

So to use this I would have to have my modem / router moved to the man room, OR run a long cable outside the house (and we all know earthernet cable is not cheep) to the man room.  So I really  dont see me using this now. but D! itwould ahve been so cool!

I have cable but I don't have the time I just have to many other projects but it looks like it would be a cool idea for someone else

"Growing old is not for sissies"