Topic: Tele Pickups

Anybody have an opin on the Fender single coil Re-voiced pickups they started putting in the Mexican Standard teles in 2006. ??? I've recently aquired one and they seem to sound pretty good, but I'd like some expert opinions. Thanks,  FiveO

Re: Tele Pickups

I haven't heard them FiveO, Of the Fenders I have (3 right now) My mustang has the original pickups issued in 1964 (not the original owner I bought it when I was 13 years old) my 1985 Japanese strat has a single humbucker EMG 81 active pickup (this baby screams) and my chinese strat (refurbished and hot rodded by me) at the moment have a set of overwound humbuckers in it. I also have a set of Fender Custom Shop "Texas Special" strat set that will go into a swamp ash body strat I am building off and on right now (more off than on).

Although the original pickups from the chinese strat I have I put into the first "Bootlegger" (my branding on the head stock) I made.
They have a very good mid-range sound to then and suit it nicely.

Getting back to your question, chances are that these pickups were made in a factory in Korea (not to say that they are no good as a whole lot of manufacture's are going and mass producing quality pickups there).  Their not wound in the Fender factory in Corona, California.

I tend to check all the pickup manufactures and listen to their sound bytes to search out pickups. You find alot of good ones out their. I got a set of GFS 70"s overwound Strat set that I change back & forth with my chinese strat that sound good.

A lot more answer than you asked for but if you like the sound that your getting thats what matters. Also you can go search single coil pickups and compare sound bytes to what you have.

Lesson over.
Bootlegger.

Thanks for responding, sounds like your light years ahead out there, I'm still tinkering with the old Tele, so simple yet , so special.......Thanks for the lesson ol' wise one. FiveO

Hey! I'll take the wise but I ain't that old yet smile at least that I can remember or think.

Bootlegger.