1 (edited by mhdmhd 2007-06-16 14:51:07)

Topic: a lil question

excuse me,
can u tell me how should this?
11h12p11\9

and here, am i able to play the seventh fret again after sliding?[if i feel i need to play it]
9\7

thank u guys!

Re: a lil question

pick string while fretting 11th fret, hammer on 12th, pull off back to 11th and slide back to 9th - sure you can then go back to 7th by sliding or just using another finger

Please talk slowly I don't hear good any more.

thanx, but do u mean i should do all these with picking one time!!?? [oh my god!]

how about this?
4h6p4p3

Sounds like it's one pick and a swift hammeron,pulloff, and slide back to the 9th

The second one is pick while on the 4th fret, hammer on the 6th fret, pull off to the 4th fret and then pull off to the 3rd fret. Sounds difficult to me as I'm a noob when it comes to picking!

Just quickly;

h = hammer on
p = pull off
/ = slide up
\ = slide down

Hope this helps smile

5 (edited by mhdmhd 2007-06-16 16:12:12)

thank u rjstua! but hey i can't hear the last sliding to the 9th fret and it make me feel like it's because i don't push the strings with enough strength. so.... i try to push them with the highest power that i can and so now i can't look at the purple index finger of my left hand! big_smile
is it because of that or not?

I tried those myself, and I can hear the last slide to the 9th but it's quiet. What song is this lick from?

7 (edited by mhdmhd 2007-06-17 17:28:53)

yeah you right, but how about this?
9h11p9\8
can i do this except the one above: 9/11\9\8
because i think it can't be possilble to do that! lol
and also the voice that u hear doesn't change that much.
or maybe the tab is incorrect and in the correct one i shouldn't slide down to 8.[=9 8]
and hey the song is hotel california.

don't you know guys?

I knew once I played it.

"Nobody paints by ear so why would I play guitar by sight?" hmm

10 (edited by JamPlay 2007-06-21 14:24:44)

Any time you have a hammer on, pull off, or slide you are NOT going to pick the note. The action itself is what creates the sound.

Let's look at this, for instance: 9h11p9\8.

You will pick the 9th fret, hammer on to the 11th, pull off to the 9th, then slide to the 8th. Doing 9/11\9\8 will sound similar to hammer-ons & pull-offs but will just be a little less harsh (and have a lot less volume as slides tend to get muted more). Depending on the context of the song, sliding may work fine for you.

If you're not familiar with these techniques (or reading tablature in general), check out JamPlay.com - we have quite a few lessons that should work out nicely for you.

[url=http://www.jamplay.com/]JamPlay.com[/url] - Online guitar lessons.

thanx  american chaos theory  and jamplay!