Topic: Deleting Spam

Bob Cummings reported a spammer and asked why, if the person had been banned, was his post not deleted.

A very good point and just so he and, anyone else who has noticed this understands, I would like to explain.

Any Moderator can ban a Member wherever he has posted his garbage as this is an action taken against the individual, but a Moderator cannot take action on any post, unless it is in the section he is responsible for.

So if there is spam in 'Chordie editors' any of us can ban the perpetrator (to prevent further posts from him) but only Russell Harding (the Moderator for this section) can remove the post when he next logs on.

I hope that makes it clear.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Re: Deleting Spam

Roger, with the amount of spam we've had lately ya'll are doing a good job. I, too, wish that there wasn't all this spam being posted but understand how ya'll have to deal with it. Keep up the good work.

Nela

I'll echo what Nela said.  You all do a fantastic job of keeping Chordie a fun family site. Thank you all.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Keep up the great work....

Badeye    cool

one caper after another

Good cops ( The Mod Squad ) the admin. Needs too give a bigger allowance of sour pickles too keep up there attitude.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman