Re: Football post for 2014-2015

I saw part of the cival war game,so I think I like the ducks chances better.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Ducks had a roust 51 to 13,I think I got those figures right. They have a good team and quarterback is real good!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I worked on my Strat for a couple of hours and took an afternoon nap intending to watch the Wisconsin, Ohio game later I woke at 8:15 pm with a few minutes into the second quarter it was 24 ZIP! the Badgers were taking a pounding I turned it off and got into something meaningful I will check on it later Ohio just looks awesome both on defense and offense it would take a miracle to catch up in the second half like wining the lottery but I will look later to confirm this disaster sad

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Ohio 59.... to you got it, Zip.  It was a disaster for sure. My condolences.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Seahawks did it!  Can't however believe the 49rs loss to Oakland though.  Looking forward to the Packers at home again tomorrow, should be a good one in the cold.... and a late game! Will have to put fresh batteries in my electric long-johns just to watch that one.  Wisconsin fans must be a hardy bunch.

Doug_Smith wrote:

Ohio 59.... to you got it, Zip.  It was a disaster for sure. My condolences.

Its been a rollercoaster ride for us Buckeye fans this year. Bucks needed to replace 7 starters on offense, including 4 linemen (3 went to the NFL), and their star running back (also to the NFL) so we figured it might be a tough year.  Then 12 days before the season started our Heisman candidate quarterback Miller (and conference MVP for two years) went down with a shoulder problem that needed surgery, making it 8 new starters on offense.  Then an all-conference first team defensive end was kicked off the team for failing a test for recreational drugs.  Team had a shakey start and lost 2nd game of the season but then started to improve and the 2nd string quarterback (Barrett) had a year that put him in the Heisman race. In 9th game, the star back/receiver/kick returner went down with a broken foot. During the last regular season game against TTUN (the team up north) Barrett went down with a broken ankle.  The next day one of the walk-on defensive linemen and a real popular guy on the team was found dead. (Apparently a suicide due to confusion and effects from recurring concussions from wrestling and football).  Three days after the funeral OSU had to play Wisky using the 3rd string quarterback. Vegas makes Wisconsin a 4-point favorite, but OSU wins 59-0 and makes it into the play-offs. 

What a crazy season  for Buckeye fans.

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Doug_Smith wrote:

Seahawks did it!  Can't however believe the 49rs loss to Oakland though.  Looking forward to the Packers at home again tomorrow, should be a good one in the cold.... and a late game! Will have to put fresh batteries in my electric long-johns just to watch that one.  Wisconsin fans must be a hardy bunch.

Hi doug,I think the 49ers are sinking at this time it may be that the raiders have improved a great deal,I do think they are down as it looks like they may lose jim harbough at lhe end of this season.     I hope the Packers win it tonight!!

Whew! the end of the Packers game got a little dicey the Falcons and Ryan were really hot the second half especially J Jones over 250 yards receiving but he got hurt on a hit and was not able to play in the last and deciding minutes, Aaron Rogers showed why he is rated as a possible MVP the offense put up over 500 yards tough for any team to win with those numbers so now it's on to Buffalo on a short week no time to relax its crunch time.

I wish I could have watched the whole game but at haltime they were way ahead then some friends showed up so I could not,I still think the packers are going too the super bowl.

160 (edited by dino48 2014-12-29 01:31:20)

49ers totally out. but beat arizona today looks like we are going too lose our coach also. Jerome and Russell looks like your teams will be going forward.I will be watching the pack close an the hawks also.

Good Luck to the Packers Today!!  Nothing against the Cowboys though.... this part of the season is where the best football is played, by the best performers of the season. 

Green Bay and Seattle would be a really good show to end the year on!  Kickoff in 10 so gotta go turn on the "tube".

Doug_Smith wrote:

Good Luck to the Packers Today!!  Nothing against the Cowboys though.... this part of the season is where the best football is played, by the best performers of the season. 

Green Bay and Seattle would be a really good show to end the year on!  Kickoff in 10 so gotta go turn on the "tube".

Hi doug, seattle won last night. I am just going into the other room and cheer for The Green bay packers,they are calling this the ice bowl!!.   GO Packers!.

Cool Green Bay is still in there,

I was on the edge of my seat in the 4th quarter the pass no pass call was huge but the cowboys benefited last week from a similar situation or they wouldn't even have been in the game with Green bay Rogers was inspiring and came thru when it counted in the second half, so on to Seattle hurt or no Rogers will give it his best.

I hope the packers go all the way,I am pulling for them!

dino48 wrote:

smile yep!

I'm sure the Hawks will give Green Bay a warm Welcome..... well, at least above 25 degrees anyway!  Should be a really good game, with Rogers and the Pack looking for some "payback" for the trouncing they got early in the season from Seattle.

However it goes, it'll be a good show!

Also the Pats/Colts should be worth tuning in for as well.  Sad to see the Broncos go down (I was rooting for them today).

Tomorrow our Ducks face Ohio.... embarassing about the drug thing.  Those kids should know that just because the State made it legal, the NCAA doesn't have to go along with it.  AND it reflects poorly on the school as a whole.  Being a local we hear all about the "dirty laundry" that gets suppressed in the media.... most hold their athletes to a higher standard it seems.  Proud to be a Beaver, where a "drunk in public" ticket gets you "benched" !!

Pats fan since '73...   

GOOOOO   PATS..

Badeye   cool

one caper after another

I'm with Badeye ... go Patriots! That was gutsy, never-say-die win yesterday.

Russell_Harding wrote:
dino48 wrote:

smile yep!

I am hoping Arron Rogers leg will be better by gametime ,it hurt his game some this time out.

Tenement Funster wrote:

LIKE,,,    way to go T.F..   

badeye   cool

one caper after another

Well the College season is over!  Got to hand it to Ohio State, they came to win and got'r dun! 

Sorry Ducks, they just outplayed you fella's all the way round.  But really? how many times can you call the same play in a row without somebody on your defense getting wise?  Not to mention those "shot m'self in the foot again" fouls?  Sixty yards in penalties!

Nah, the Buckeyes just wanted it more.... forget the ticker-tape, I hear they're stockpiling rocks down in Eugene.

I just saw the score Doug well maybe next year!!I was busy at game time so I could not watch the game.

badeye wrote:
Tenement Funster wrote:

LIKE,,,    way to go T.F..   

badeye   cool

Badeye and T.F.   The Brady Bunch.  They do have a good team.

175 (edited by Tenement Funster 2015-01-13 20:26:09)

Gave me a good laugh, Dino ... the Brady Bunch!

Way back when cable TV was luxury, the only NFL broadcasts that reached Canada's east coast were from the Boston area. To this day, there are still a lot of Nova Scotians who are Patriots, Bruins, Celtics, and Red Sox fans. What little coverage made it our way always featured these guys as the "home team", so it kinda stuck with us. I was a huge Sam "The Bam" Cunningham fan in those days, as well as Mosi Tatupu.