Topic: Facts 2

In the wake of 9/11, a big radio, Clear Channel had a list of 150 songs with "questionable lyrics" that might wan to refrain from playing.
The list included the follow: (as there are about 150 songs, I will put around 20 songs here)
- AC/DC                                                                    Highway to hell
- The ANIMALS                                                           We gotta get out of this place
- ARTHUR BROWN                                                       Fire
- THE BANGLES                                                          Walk Like an Egyptian
- BEASTY BOYS                                                           Sabotage
- THE BEATLES                                                            Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds
- BILLY JOEL                                                              Only The Good Die Young
- BLACK SABBATH                                                      War Pigs
- BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN                                               Goin' Down
- CAROLE KING                                                          I Feel the Earth Move
- CAT STEVENS ( now YOUSSOUF ISLAM!!!!)                  Morning Has Broken
- DAVE MATTHEWS BAND                                           Crash Into Me
- Edwin Starr (also the cover by Springsteen)               War
- FOO FIGHTERS                                                         Learn to Fly
- JAN & DEAN                                                             Dead Man's Curve
- LED ZEPPELIN                                                          Stairway to Heaven
- NINE INCH NAILS                                                     Head Like A Hole
- THE WINGS                                                             Live And Let Die
- JOHN DENVER (covers included)                                Leavin' On A Jet plane
- RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE                                   All Their Songs
- QUEEN                                                                    Another One Bites The Dust
- RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS                                          Aeroplane
- REM                                                                        It's The End Of The World As We Know It ( And I Feel Fine)
- SIMON & GARFUNKEL                                               Bridge Over Troubled Water, an this I don't know The Only Living Boy In New York
- SURFARIS                                                               Wipe Out
- U2                                                                          Sunday Bloody Sunday

I DON'T MEAN TO OFFEND SOME ONE, BUT THIS IS A LIST OF SONGS BANNED FROM THAT BIG (NEW YORK) RADIOSATIONS.
I am living in Europe, I watched the whole day Television, and this is really shocking what happened. I still don't understand how a big plane with a high speed can fly straight into those buildings. I think they were trained to aim for the WTC, because if you see the images, this must
be very difficult, you'd rather expect that at least 1 plane should miss and crash in Manhattan.
I follow politics, and something strange is going on.
If some chordians know other banned songs, please add them.
I try to put in music stories and spinal tap, & other things to know, every day a REAL story. Nothing I write down is exaggerated.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: Facts 2

Thats pretty funny (not 9/11, the songs being banned). I think this is taking it a bit too far.

[url=http://www.myspace.com/rdxfunk]www.myspace.com/rdxfunk[/url]

yes it is strange. The more they ban songs from airplay, the better they will sell, just look what happened with the SEX PISTOLS. The list is funny indeed, 9/11 is NOT FUNNY, but this are FACTS, there were about 150 songs banned. If you find songs, let me know.
I have put the songs I have found. Only one problem; it takes a lot of time.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

I have to start with a proviso. I have no personal knowledge that these songs are in fact banned.

However if they are then it is ridiculous.

To ban songs about surfing (Safari's - Wipe Out),  Protest songs (Edwin Starr  - War), Bond theme tunes (Wings - Live and let die) etc is just the start of a slippery slope.

Whats next Neil Diamonds song  - America

They're coming to America, today
Today, Today, Today, Today.

My country 'tis of thee (today)
Sweet land of liberty (today)
Of thee I sing (today)
Of thee I sing today
Today, Today, Today

If this is true and you live in NY please stand up and stop the idiocy.

My 2 cents.

David Grant

Gutar Player, Singer, Entertainer  - At least in my own mind.

I dont think radios should ban any song for whatever reason.

eople in this world are too easily offended, always looking for sometihng to assosiate something with something else to make it bad, or to make it good. But mostly to make things bad so they can complain and mouth off.

I could say I dont think the beatles hit " when I'm 64 " should ever be played, it makes me depressed tinking I will be old one day.
The troggs "love is all around" If I just finish with my wife I will not want to hear this, it would make me cry therefore should not be played.

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

As far as I know, it is indeed kind of ridiculous. I don't know how long this action took place. But it was 1 big "NEW YORK" radiostation, banning for a while, thinking about the victims. Some, and I believe more than we think, family of victims, I can understand that some songs, like the only living boy in New York, can be painful for those who lost a beloved one. Sometimes, and this is far more radical start to burn records, because of the fact that some artists wrote a CD, with lyrics that are not liked by, and I am sure not tasted by a minority. Just look back to the fifties and sixties, where a lot of songs by afro-americans, had no airplay. There is definitely a huge difference between the American and European mentality. In the USA how many different forms of religion are there, compared, more specific the main land in Europe?

"Another One Bites The Dust".  That's funny.   I was involved in a writing project with some producers in 2001.  I wrote the text over some bedtracks that they sent me for a song that was to be included on a singer's CD we were working on that was coming out later that year.  I sent him the bedtracks with the lead and background vocals in August.
Title: Fear of Flying 
I got this fear of flying and I feel like I'm dying
while I'm waiting for the woman to check my pass. 
I'm thinkin' how it's so high, way up where the birds fly,
and I'm wonderin' how on earth I can
save my ass if we have a crash. ( crash crash crash.... ) 

It was just a song about a girl who's afraid to fly. The producers loved it, and it was scheduled for production in October.  But then came September, and we decided that this wouldn't be a good time for this song....

music- an art of sound in time that expresses ideas and emotions in significant forms through the elements of rhythm, melody, harmony, and color. 
source: dictionary.com

music is about expressing ideas and emotions. Music takes feelings that are unique/awesome and translates them into something most people find easy to understand. It's people helping people understand life as we know it. I think I've said this before, but I'll say it again. The Arts are human's ways of coping with the world around them, they are our temporary vacation from the real world. All our lives we have people telling us to express ourselves, but then people tell you you can't. I think that's terrible just because there are much more terrible ways of expressing emotions than through music or any other art for that matter.  For me, music is how i get off, it's my therapy. If you don't want to hear a certain song that comes on the radio, turn off your radio! I mean seriously, when people wrote those songs, they wrote them to convey a point, an emotion, an idea to everyone who listened, what is a musician without fans? Why play when nobody can listen?

If you spend your life judging people, how will you ever have time to love them ♥