Topic: easy chord & strumm song?

anyone knows songs with easy chords and easy to strumm?

my guitar is like my brother.
we never get along..

2 (edited by jpage_roxmysox 2007-06-23 16:07:42)

Re: easy chord & strumm song?

Let It be- The Beatles
Redemption Song- Bob Marley
Wish You Were Here- Pink Floyd
Chocolate- Snow Patrol
Brown Eyed Girl- Van Morrison

there are many, many more. It all depends on what kind of music you want to play... listen around, if you hear something that sounds easy it probably is, search it on chordie and learn to play it!

If you spend your life judging people, how will you ever have time to love them ♥

I PLAY MOST SONGS [C] [F] [G]+[C7][G7][A7][D7]
OR [A] [D] [EM]THESE ARE THE BASIC CHORDS AND I FIND YOU CAN IMPLICATE THEM TO PLAY A VARIETY OF SONGS,,,,,

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

good riddance by green day.....easyists song ever.......... then learn some fukin barre chords , then learn some songs with barres

i got no troubles with chords just with the strumm though. i know all basic chords, major and minors, and few barre chords too. just got problem with my strumming.

we never get along..

How about this 'Whole Wide World' by Wreckless Eric, it's an old punk song and works well on acoustic and electric. Only two chords, so the tension comes from how you strum; tickling the top strings on the verses and then letting rip on the chorus, you could even put a fuzz pedal in there, leave it off on the verse and then whammy it in for the chorus riff.

'The sound of the city seems to disappear'

first song that i ever learnt was are you gonna be my girl. there is only like four chords.

I'm interested in anything about revolt, disorder, chaos, especially activity that appears to have no meaning. It seems to me to be the road toward freedom.
-- Jim Morrison

NZ,

Go out and spend $30 on a nice metronome.  It will help you with your strumming and timing.  Strumming is nothing more than keeping the beat in a measure, while changing chords.  Strumming can be done differently on every song.  It depends if a song calls for you strumming 1/4 note, 1/8 note or 1/16 note.  Before you learn about strumming, spend some time and learn about timing.  This will help you greatly on your strumming. 

nzlectric wrote:

i got no troubles with chords just with the strumm though. i know all basic chords, major and minors, and few barre chords too. just got problem with my strumming.

Kahuna

hi. actually i have another post on accessories about "metronome", if its worth buying them. if they will teach me how to strumm better?

so you think they will?

we never get along..

You may be better off getting a cheap drum machine NZ, just make sure it has plenty of presets for rock and pop, so you don't end up spending all your time programming drums (thataway is the long slippery slope into dance music ;-)  ! ).

I can say from personal experience playing along with a  drum track smartens up your timing alot. Also some rock tracks that sound a bit wrong with just guitar come alive when there's drums pounding away. 'Don't Bring Me Down' by ELO comes to mind, it needs a pounding beat to happen ('Modern Rock Drums 1' on Garageband - the apple mac software).

'The sound of the city seems to disappear'

cytania wrote:

You may be better off getting a cheap drum machine NZ, just make sure it has plenty of presets for rock and pop, so you don't end up spending all your time programming drums (thataway is the long slippery slope into dance music ;-)  ! ).

Ahahahahahahaahaha!!! Good one!!! smile

cytania wrote:

I can say from personal experience playing along with a  drum track smartens up your timing alot. Also some rock tracks that sound a bit wrong with just guitar come alive when there's drums pounding away. 'Don't Bring Me Down' by ELO comes to mind, it needs a pounding beat to happen ('Modern Rock Drums 1' on Garageband - the apple mac software).

True indeed. You may also want to check out Http://www.jamcenter.com
That site has multiple tracks you can play along with and you can even pick the key that they play in.
It's awesome!!!

=]
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

cytania wrote:

whats a drum machine? garageband, i got no time for pc its on the other roomand  my guitar is on my room.

we never get along..

Detman101 wrote:
cytania wrote:

Ahahahahahahaahaha!!! Good one!!! smile

cytania wrote:

True indeed. You may also want to check out Http://www.jamcenter.com
That site has multiple tracks you can play along with and you can even pick the key that they play in.
It's awesome!!!

=]
Dm

drum machines are so dear. thanks for the site. seems useful but then again got no pc on my room.

we never get along..

help!!!

we never get along..