Topic: How many guitars?

How many guitars have other chordians got? I started off with a second hand e-ros dakota which was bought for me, but after learning from chordie forum, i realized that it was quite a hard guitar to play, the way it was set up. So...i didn't have much money,so i bought myself a cheap guitar called a woodstock which was much easier to play and that i could practice barre chords and the more difficult chords but because it's a cheap guitar it doesn't sound that great. So...now im looking for one a third time, one that sounds good is easy to play but a better quality. Bearing in mind i only play to myself, am i going too far wanting a 3rd guitar and if you think i am not, have you any suggestions?

Re: How many guitars?

I have four in my living room right now, including the bass.  Another one in my car.

I think I need more.....

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

I have pretty much always had 2 guitars an electric and an acoustic. My 30 plus year old acoustic is very sick right now and I have an el cheap-o on loan for the moment. I am in the process of saving up for a new acoustic

what a long strange trip it's been

I also have two guitars, my Fender electro/acoustic and my 'Mean Green Music Machine' J&D Brothers strat copy electric.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I have 4 six string acoustics, 1 twelve string,
a six string lap steel, and some conga's.
I need more.

TrevorMarty

Don't forget the garlic, crayons, and handywipes.

I've got an electric and i bought myself... oops, i mean my wife an electo-accoustic for her last birthday hehe

I'm the son of rage and love

and my brother has a chapman stick which is more of a blunt instrument!

I'm the son of rage and love

Oh! I forgot about the two mandolins and the other guitar in it's case.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

4 currently - a Sigma DR acoustic (my first) a Baby Taylor mahogany, a Mex Tele, and a Mex Strat.  I'd like more, I think...

Sometimes you eat the dog and sometimes the dog eats you....Well.....I got milkbone undies..

I have a Martin Acoustic and a Gibson Les Paul 60's.  I play daily  just to stay happy in heart and mind.  I want another Martin Acoustic...and when I win the Lotto  I will have one and you can play it..lol

The richest child is poor without music.!  smile  cool

I have a 12 string, one six string semi acoustic (Yamaha - very nice), and considering another one. Just bought an acoutsic amp today and have to save up. AND, I live alone with only my pet fish to listen to my wailings. :-)

You can get as many as you would like and can afford. I know someone who has 11 guitars, and he DOESN'T PLAY!

So there!

12 (edited by dglspres 2007-07-01 14:50:37)

I don't believe there is any such thing as TOO many guitars ..there are numerous sounds that come from one manufactureer so my belief is you must have them all to get the sound you want for each song you perform.... just joking .... I have  10 and they range in price paid from $25 to $1500 and I am still looking.... most of them are acoustic ...love the tones....

So HOPEFUL go buy that other guitar and it doesn't have to  be expensive to be good ... some of the mid range guitars play as easy as the top end ...settle on the tone you want and the playability ease ... your choice ...no one else is correct when it comes to what you want.

you can never have enough guitars

I own two guitars, one electric and an acoustic,I guess you could collect some more if you have the cash,but dont push it if you dont.We've all got to be content at some point.Man never stops to want,but self discipline makes a real man you know.

I started playing 6 month ago and now I own 4 guitars (the wife's not too happy but she admits they look good on the livingroom wall...).

I have 2 metal six-string accoustics 1 noname (really cheap stuff) and 1 Tanglewood
1 electric Ibanez RG
Last week I bought a quarter size nylon mini acoustic (mostly for the 4 year old son but it's quite fun playing it).

/Missen

If you love what you do, there's no need to be good at it...

hi
get many as u can
i've got 1 aquastic 1 nylon string and i electric bass
but let them be in use pls, as i just read one said that he knows someone who has 11 but he dose not play
pls dont do that

i live only to discover beauty. all else is a form of waiting

1 Nylon (my first)
1 Western (a gift from a girl)
1 Telecaster copy (my first electric)
1 Les Paul copy (2nd)
1 Fender Jazzmaster

I usually only play the western guitar at home and the Jazzmaster at rehearsal, but the cheap nylon guitar is good for taking it to a park or whatever. For the cheap electrics I don't really have a good use, they are too bad compared to the fender to use them in the band and selling does also make no real sense, as guitars sold at 100 € nowadays are a lot better than these. Does anyone here collect rare japanese guitars? wink I guess I will need  a newer cheap electric that is not as heavy as the Fender and has a little more variability in its sounds ...

Just three for me: an electric, an acoustic, and a bass.

[url=http://www.jamplay.com/]JamPlay.com[/url] - Online guitar lessons.

im not sure how many i have.
my favorite is my alverz acoustec
a yamaha acoustic
a collegiate acoustic from my father in law
a taylor acoustic
a stella converted into a dobro (great sound)
a johnson res dobro
a dean bass acoustic
a kay mandolin
a kentucky mandolin
yamaha electric
ibanez electric
2 key boards
harmonicas
all of which i play at different times (i'm not that good:<)
each has its oun sound and funtion
i will not take my alveriz to a camp fire setting so some drunk can step on it
several out on loan at nursing homes where i form little "bands"
sax, trumpet,accordion 3 fiddles and different other noise makers
my point is not to brag but ___if ___you use them you can never have to many

always pickin someting

my dad has a large collection, with up to fourty something guitars.
the coolest one is his lengendary epiphone fender (seriously).

my dad has a large collection, with up to fourty something guitars.
the coolest one is his lengendary epiphone fender (seriously).
He's a good guitarist too.

i have 2............a black one... and a brown.. what more do you need....ps..........both are  in tune

4 Guitars:

- Carvin TL-60T electric
- Squier Strat
- Alvarez Yairi Herringbone 12 DY-76 (12 string acoustic)
- Ibanez AW200ECE acoustic/electric

And a Rouge A-style Mandolin

1 guitar smile
a cheap nylon (does´nt sound great but does his job for learing me wink)

next month its my birthday and a´l get a new acoustic

Me? I got two.
a yamaha classical, with which I take classical lessons, and An Ibanez acoustic that over twenty years old and still has pretty good sound and does not look aged barely at all.
I use 'em both, but definitely the acoustic more.
And I got them both for nothing.

I want to get a acoustic electric, but I'm not sure what kind yet.

To reach out with your hands/ See the world through your eyes/ To live with the love of the savior/ To feel with your heart/ And think with your mind/I'd give my last breath for your glory!!!