Topic: Yes Another new guitar!!

Call me crazy but this guitar was calling out to me begging me to give it shelter and being the big hearted fool I am I bought it! smile
It is a Modern Player Fender Telecaster three pickups mini toggle and a 5 way switch for split tones and I love the finish and design.
http://www.guitardistrict.com/pics/fender/241102569/241102569a.jpg
This is the one there shipping me from Sweetwater
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10885537_10205633684460175_4674759348410607408_n.jpg?oh=0086ee3ef18842345453184c429f202e&oe=5502AFD6&__gda__=1429110464_2ccc1ae2cb7ee7035759f60451e81635

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/988966_10205633686460225_4364092032132532106_n.jpg?oh=b4eed51ed5614a5ec614ce9427e5a2de&oe=553AFE78&__gda__=1429031921_eb3c25c775dc0cc1d869457e9be55f5c

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: Yes Another new guitar!!

now  that  I  like

Grah1 wrote:

now  that  I  like

Yep beautiful and hot! smile

Very cool, Russell. I don't recall ever seeing a Tele with a coil-splittable humbucker at the bridge ... interesting configuration. I just love black transparent finish!

Russell, Glad to see you are such a caring and giving person. Not many people can see the need to give these homeless instruments a good home. All they want to do is give joy and happiness to their human friends.  ROCK ON DUDE!!!!!!!

Joe

Tenement Funster wrote:

Very cool, Russell. I don't recall ever seeing a Tele with a coil-splittable humbucker at the bridge ... interesting configuration. I just love black transparent finish!

TF It is a relatively new concept they have been around for a while but I didn't see one till a few weeks ago I think it combines the attributes of a Strat and a Tele in one guitar but my Les Paul has no need to worry about gathering dust I can find time for both. I agree with the beauty of the black transparent finish it sets it off nicely smile

Tyson7 wrote:

Russell, Glad to see you are such a caring and giving person. Not many people can see the need to give these homeless instruments a good home. All they want to do is give joy and happiness to their human friends.  ROCK ON DUDE!!!!!!!

Joe

lol yes Joe I am a sympathetic fool at heart but we only go around once might as well make it a good trip smile

Happy new guitar day.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I d like  to  hear the  bridge pickup  I've  thought  about putting   splitable  hum buckers on my  Black top  tele  to  get  that  single  coil tone .

10 (edited by beamer 2014-12-27 21:55:21)

I like that they do not have that anoying ashtray on there.  I loved my blond Tele except for that stupid plate they have on all of them, kept getting in the way of my right hand.  I just saw a Dean tele typewith humbuckers and a single at a pawn shop,, but they want way to much for it and the  2 Epiphone LP 100's.
I could buy a new one less than they were asking, and they had missing knobs, or wrong hardware,, sheesh waht do they think, no one can look stuff up on the spot?

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Very nice indeed! Happy NGD.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

You'll never learn Russell. Looks nice

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Grah1 wrote:

I d like  to  hear the  bridge pickup  I've  thought  about putting   splitable  hum buckers on my  Black top  tele  to  get  that  single  coil tone .

Graham it is on the way to my doorstep as soon as I can I will put up a video and put it through its paces smile

dino48 wrote:

Happy new guitar day.

Thanks dino she's a beauty

bensonp wrote:

You'll never learn Russell. Looks nice

God I hope not LOL thanks yep she is a beauty smile

bluejeep wrote:

Very nice indeed! Happy NGD.

Appreciated cant wait to get it delivered smile

beamer wrote:

I like that they do not have that anoying ashtray on there.  I loved my blond Tele except for that stupid plate they have on all of them, kept getting in the way of my right hand.  I just saw a Dean tele typewith humbuckers and a single at a pawn shop,, but they want way to much for it and the  2 Epiphone LP 100's.
I could buy a new one less than they were asking, and they had missing knobs, or wrong hardware,, sheesh waht do they think, no one can look stuff up on the spot?

beamer your right about over priced guitars in pawn shops years ago that's where the bargains were until the owners started looking up the prices and now they ask retail prices or more because they think they have a classic

Russell
Congrats !

I am going to look at   a Jay Turser Hollowbody today  JT 136      I am getting it for $110 through a private sale - guy says he has too many guitars ( go figure!) smile   I am hoping it is as in good shape  as the seller has said - if so I think its a good deal .   

Any chordians play this and know it ?

I also agree  with Beamer about the strats with the ashtray look. I was going to buy one until i ran into that look and said nope !
Any way - very nice guitar - happy New Year

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Thanks TIG sorry I don't have any experience with a JT 136 if you can put up a link to it I might recognize it smile