Topic: ideas?

hi ive been playing for a few years now and im haven a hard time choosing songs to learn how to play. when ever i go on the internet to look something up it is to inaccurate.  ilike    alot of old bands    i.e.gratefuldead beatles etc  any suggestions?

So Red Delicious

Re: ideas?

i really enjoyed learning stairway to heaven by led zeplin, (if u like picking?)
the shins (new slang) is a good song to play and sing to also, (if u like chords!)

There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and alcohol!

Redefine what you mean by "inaccurate."  If what you mean is, it's not exactly like the original artist, then duh.  However, if you redefine what you mean to be an arrangement on that song, then it stops being inaccurate and starts being another way of playing that song.  Even artists who perform their own songs over and over change it up.  By your first definition, they're playing their own songs "inaccurately."  Music isn't about mindless repitition.  If that's what you want - go put on the album.  If you want to play music, you must learn to appreciate interpretation.  Try playing Stairway to Heaven, but do it in a Reggae style.  Try Angel Flying Too Close to the Ground with shredding or as Flamenco.  Break out of the mold and get your head wrapped around interpretation.  Plus, if you're good enough to know that it's "wrong", fix it and give us all the benefit of your prowess.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Reminds me of a live album by John Mayall. You can hear people in the crowd calling out "Room to Move, Room to Move"

His response was " No there's no Room to Move, what'd you come here to do, hear an old record or somethin'"

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understandin' ."    Elvis Costello

If you can't play something good, play something we know...

hmm

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf wrote:

If you can't play something good, play something we know...

hmm

THAT'S NOT A BAD TAG LINE

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Alot of songs using chords EAD or DAE or ADE.
Try differents strumming patterns, make up your own..... slow tempo - up tempo.
Make up your own lyrics too.

"It's all about the Calluses, once you got them, you can't get rid of em!"

I often times find that songs are innacurate too...if by "inacurate" you mean "does not the match the song in any way AT ALL"...? So i try to find new songs or ask others if they know were i can find the song. I also agree with ziggystardust. and zuf's statement was not bad as a tag line at all...lol.

{{***~MuZiK LuVeR~***}}