Topic: NCD

I just received my new Sony HDR-MVI camcorder the unique thing is it is only used for music videos it don't take photos or zoom but the sound is excellent two stereo mic's record and you can edit the film and sound it uses a Lithium battery and a micro 32GB card cant wait till tomorrow to shoot it sells for around $300 I got a special deal which included the memory card 4 batteries and two chargers a tripod a case and a few other goodies from Amazon(I have an account there) so they deducted 45 dollars and shipped it free cool!
http://static.bhphoto.com/images/multiple_images/images500x500/IMG_334251.jpg

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: NCD

Russell, that's another neat looking piece of equipment. You're building a formidable arsenal in your home studio, and (more importantly) I'll bet you're having a blast using it all. I assume it mounts on a tripod?

Tenement Funster wrote:

Russell, that's another neat looking piece of equipment. You're building a formidable arsenal in your home studio, and (more importantly) I'll bet you're having a blast using it all. I assume it mounts on a tripod?

TF yes it mounts, they included a weird tripod that can be shaped to mount to just about anything including the guitar. True I have built a fine recording and video studio complete with Green screen I have purchased a Les Paul deluxe and a modern player Tele my poor Douglass must wait like a harem wife for me to caress her all this comes with a cost and responsibility I have to pay for it now but its worth every penny smile

You just love teasing us with all your new toy's don't you? smile

How much record time do you expect to get with a 32g card?

unclejoesband wrote:

You just love teasing us with all your new toy's don't you? smile

How much record time do you expect to get with a 32g card?

Yes I do lol 32GB is quite a lot a 4 minute song in WAV and MPGE HD format consumes around 800 MB or so (more in AVI format) I have 2 extra lithium batteries fully charged (155 min to charge each one) but this cam heats up after several minutes, (don't know how many yet) but according to the instructions you have to let it cool down I don't think this will be an issue I don't intend to make a 10 or 15 minute video I will be shooting with three HD cameras so it should be a challenge and a fun thing to edit keep ya posted UJB  smile

Russell all thrse goodies,I am thinking you will have a great video out soon.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

dino48 wrote:

Russell all thrse goodies,I am thinking you will have a great video out soon.

I have finished recording the drums bass and rhythm guitar next I add keyboard and mix then some slide on my Les Paul and record it with three cameras in stereo the song I have chosen is an oldie by Little Richard called "Miss Ann" it was also covered by Johnny Winter.

Cool little richards is one of my favorites.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I did some experimenting I recorded 5 tracks in my Tascam and plugged it into the camera and plugged a headset into the camera and recorded another track really nice sound this is a very good tool