Topic: Cannot add new material

hi!
Awesome site but now cannot add new songs and am fearful of losing material.
Available individual print options are no longer and.when chords have been adjusted, it does not save new changes. So hope it's user error!! I love you guys
thanks!
Pamela

Re: Cannot add new material

Hi Pam, welcome to the forums!  Can you please advise a bit more detail so we can help you out?  What device are you using to access Chordie (PC, MAC, Mobile device) and what operating system (Windows X, 8.1, some weird Mac Leopard, Android 4.4.4, etc) and then also what browser you're using and version as well please.  If you aren't sure how to look any of this up, just give us as much info as you've got and we'll help you figure out the rest.  Admin is working on trying to ensure users can see everything properly.   Thanks so much!!

Amy

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Hi Amy!
I'm using Safari on an older IPAD - Generation One. I am able to do all functions on Internet Explorer 7 on laptop, but am seeing no options on IPAD and also on IPHONE 4S though Safari. Am thinking you possibly dropped the search engine Safari?

Thanks for the reply and am feeling better knowing I still have the laptop option!
Pamela

Hi Pamela and Amy,
I'm experiencing exactly the same issues but mostly I cannot import songs into my song book.
I'm also using as per Pamela iPad details, safari old gen iPad etc.
Can any help
Regards
Ian T

Since you're both experiencing the same thing, and it's Safari via iPad, I'm going to take a stab that it's possibly related to a mobile rendering of the site.  There's the "full site" and there's a "mobile version of the site" on almost every website you visit.  There's a lot of extra back end work that goes into making sure the mobile version of a website is fully operational (especially when some mobile devices don't support things like java or flash items that are often incorporated into a website).  I know admin was talking about getting the mobile version of Chordie in better shape going forward.  I will certainly make sure he's aware of the issues so he can get that worked out in the future.  In the mean time, I've seen that everything seems to work properly on full PC's and Mac's running most browsers, so moving the the computer will solve the issues. 

You may want to try downloading the Chrome Browser for your iPad.  If you can do that, then from the menu option within the Chrome for iPad browser, click on "request desktop site" - this should redirect you to the full version of the website that you normally see on your PC or Mac rather than the mobile version that is incomplete.  From here, you should be able to do all the things you're used to!  This of course is just a possible work around to your current issues, but I hope it helps!  I find on my Android this works perfectly, but I don't personally have an iPad.  I'd love to hear if this works for you!    smile

Amy

Just thought I would let you know that I followed your advise for my Ipad and it still does not allow me to add a song to my songbook, please try again will you!

Just checking.

You do know that there is a limit of 100 songs per songbook. Get to 100 and you cannot add any more and have to start another book.

This may not be relevant but it does not appear to have been mentioned.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

poppy49 wrote:

Just thought I would let you know that I followed your advise for my Ipad and it still does not allow me to add a song to my songbook, please try again will you!

Do you see the option available to add to songbook?  Roger's advise may be warranted here.  smile 

If you don't see the add to songbook option, or the print option, then this is likely a mobile browser/mobile version of the site rendering issue.  We are trying to clear this issue up, but will need some more details from you.  Please advise if you see these options and can't add, or if you don't see these options at all.  Make sure you are signed into Chordie on the iPad as well.  smile

I am having the exact same issue, no option shown to add song. I have two songbooks and the one I am trying to add to has 13 songs.  I also have iPad and safari. My iOS is current.  Did not have this issue a while ago as always used iPad to add songs.  Thx for your help.  Marc@allwest1.com

In general there are a number of issues with the display on the iPad and iPhone one being no add to songbooks these are being looked into by the administrator of Chordie.
Hopefully these issues will be resolved in the future but it may take a while.
ark

thx - am having the same problem on my desktop now as well.  No option to add song is provided.  My browser is firefox latest version and running windows 7 home premium.

Hi there - is there any news on the problems with the mobile version of the Chordie web site?

I discovered that I can see "Add to Songbook" on the iPhone when I an NOT logged in but the option disappears as soon as I log in.  I have tried various browsers with the same result.

Best wishes,
Liz

Play the Ukulele: The most fun you can have doing something badly!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I'm not going to say I'm no Jim Morrison, I'm not going to say I'm no John Lennon - I'm not going to say I'm like The Monkees neither! - 'I'm a Believer!' - Some people say I make a pretty good musician - but I've always argued that's going to take me a long time . . . "
Wild Man Fischer