1 (edited by beamer 2015-02-27 00:32:15)

Topic: Jesus Train

Jesus train (not your first vision)                                                       
1-10-15 Scott Sailer

Wild child running with the pack,

Running hard, never looking back

Living life free as can be

All the sudden he thinks he has seen,

He is jumping on the Jesus train,

Little thoughts inside his brain

He’s jumping on the Jesus train.

Everybody talking ‘bout how blessed they are

Everybody ‘gotta be a super star.

They think it’s the easy way

And think you want to hear it near and far

They think they are reaching for heaven,

Trying to touch the stars

Reaching for heaven,

Jumping on the Jesus train

Looking for anything to explain

Can you feel the pain?

People cashing out

they think the fount the rout

They are jumping on the Jesus train,

Little thoughts inside their brain

They are jumping on the Jesus train.

They are crying out,

Afraid to stand on their own,

So they buy a ticket and share the pain

looking for answers on the Jesus train.

I’m not saying I don’t believe in God.

For my independent thoughts

You might think I’m odd,

Just not a rider on your Jesus train.

So when your telling everybody

how blessed you are,

Next time,  Why not just smile

An buy the next round at the bar.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: Jesus Train

i like the last line a lot...lol

2 semi-religious poems in a day, i guess it is sunday!  this one sounds like a rock song that hasn't yet got rocking?

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Agreed, Phill. smile

You're up, beamer!

Let's hear it, my friend! smile

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

While I'm not at all a religious  person I  do  respect  peoples beliefs ,I  did a  benefit  gig at  the  weekend  for  a Christian biker  group Good  people shine through  regardless of  race or creed .This  is  a good poem Scott  and  I  feel  would  be  a  good song  I look forward  to  hearing  how  you progress with  it .
Great stuff

Its posted in Poems due to I am still trying to get the music to work with it! LOLOL  and the poems posted both today but were written about  a month apart.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Perhaps Chordie is a forum best left for music, and not the comparing / bashing of issues of faith and belief. These matters are intensely personal and meaningful to each person, and stating one side can inevitably be taken as a challenge to someone holding a different view.

Just saying ... to be truly respectful.

7 (edited by bluejeep 2015-02-09 11:59:42)

Everybody's looking for something - some take the jesus train and some take the clydesdale wagon - but we all get where we're going. Peace and Love to all!

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Tenement Funster wrote:

Perhaps Chordie is a forum best left for music, and not the comparing / bashing of issues of faith and belief. These matters are intensely personal and meaningful to each person, and stating one side can inevitably be taken as a challenge to someone holding a different view.

Just saying ... to be truly respectful.

you are right of-course TF, it is an unwritten law no religion and no politics but i will only step in if people begin arguing or going totally over the top. i don't believe scott has infringed either. if you feel differently then i will remove the offending poems/songs as it is, i cant see any offense taken or meant.

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

No harm done, Phill. Beamer and I have spoke by email, and we're all on the same page.

10 (edited by unhhuh 2015-06-21 17:34:48)

That's really well expressed.  My opinion is that of someone that was inculcated from birth.

I was religiously sucidal, and suicidally religious for over thirty years as a result.

Your lyrics express a very profound sentiment that is easily understood by me, and others like me that have had similar experiences.

Thank you for sharing.

Also, thank you to the moderators that disagree with the sentiment for recognizing the value of others contrary versions of their truth.

Embrace what you love.
Start with you.
Do the next right thing.

i love this, and relate quite well.  If i get flak for the following well its not the first time in my life....I find it funny how we all say we want freedom of free speech/thoughts and ideas yet when someone says something they dont agree with or differently then how they how they think, they get offended or upset.  I agree with with the author of this poem, feel free to believe in whatever religious /political views you may wish, just don't parade it around and get upset because someone thinks differently than you.  Sorry if I crossed any lines on here, just did not know how else to say it and was meant to attack anyone.

singin the blues one brew at a time