Topic: Chord Pro Manager or something else?

I just found Chordie.com and it is very cool.  I am new to all this and was looking for some software that will let me format lyrics and chords to post on my webpage.  I just figured out the part about not being able to make new songs here, so I looked for a program that will let me do that, and found Chord Pro Manager.  Well, it looks like it's no longer available to be registered, so it stays in the demo mode-- no save no print. Any ideas from you folks as to how one can make a new song available?

Thanks!

Kate

Re: Chord Pro Manager or something else?

Hello Kate and welcome to chordie!  Try googling up 'Songsheet Generator' available from Tenbyten Software.  It is downloadable shareware ($15 suggested fee).  You can also google 'chopro' and get some other results. 

I am not a web developer, but I have used the Songsheet Generator for making song sheets.  The rendering is not quite as sweet as chordie's, but it allows you to transpose and save and print.

My understanding of how chordie's search process works is that certain sites are included within it's search parameters.  Look on the 'Resources' page for some more info on that topic.  I believe that as long as files have certain tags or formats then chordie will find them on the selected sites.

It is possible to post original songs on chordie's Songwriting forum.  See the sticky at the top of that section for instructions.

Hope this answers your questions - this is a great site!
James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Re: Chord Pro Manager or something else?

Thanks, James!  I think I've got it now.   This, and some of your other posts have helped me get what I want done.   I did download Songsheet Generator, and you're right-- Chordie is nicer!  Although I do wish I could find a way to register ChordPro Manager, as hand-typing the chopro codes is a little tedious--but it gets the job done!

Thanks again for the info and the warm welcome.

Kate