1 (edited by mekidsmom 2015-03-18 01:35:12)

Topic: The Falcon has landed.

The Gretsch White Falcon arrived today. Just brought it home about an hour ago.  I still can`t believe I have one. If anyone can go on my Facebook page and post pictures, I would appreciate it.

Here it is:
https://scontent-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/20687_831814050218343_7889751347586415462_n.jpg?oh=2f8811d83e7eafadc8c298324005aa0a&oe=557F1630

https://scontent-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/10419605_831814113551670_7582658115040292421_n.jpg?oh=555725f2bd58095804c3aaf4b3b0dd19&oe=5578B050

edited by MKM to add photos

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: The Falcon has landed.

Congrats, JJJ ... and happy NGD! So what's brighter, the guitar or your grin?

Happy NGD jjj.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Very Purty JJJ!  Happy NGD!

Amy

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Nice!!! Happy NGD

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

WOW! Very pretty. Happy NGD.

7 (edited by joeyjoeyjoey 2015-03-18 08:31:54)

Thank you for posting the pictures Amy. I actually wanted (maybe should have) bought a new truck. I wanted this more. Instead, I will sink some money on my old one and keep it going for a while longer. After playing it. I have no regrets or buyers remorse. It is everything it is built up to be.   I just hate the reason that I was able to get it.   For what it`s worth. After noodling around on it for a while, the first song I played on it was "Times Like These" by Dan Fogelberg.  Not the lead parts. Just the song. I`m not that good.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Happy ngd JJJ. That is a beautiful gretsch.

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

Not the lead parts. Just the song. I`m not that good.

Nothing like a great guitar to encourage practice.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

JJJ, Happy NGD !!!  They all seem to come to us for a reason. Some folks say they find us. If you search you'll know why. Enjoy your new friend.

Joe

love it!!!!!!

You're welcome JJJ.  Play the heck out of it!!!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

love it love it love it !!! as kevin keegan said when asked if Newcastle united could beat Manchester United!

i love my gretsch smile

That isn't just a guitar, its a work of art. And this is my 100th post.
Enjoy it JJJ.

Thick as two short planks

Beautiful! Happy NGD JJJ - enjoy!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

16 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-04-14 11:04:53)

When I showed a picture of this beautiful guitar to my late Dad and expressed a wish for one, I will never forget what he said to me: "You getcha one, you better damn sure know how to play it, boy!" wink

I know he'd never say that to you or any of you, JJJ! Congratulations and may you "Be happy for the rest of your life........" https://youtu.be/FKzacHbsBJM wink

I sure would like to see a picture of you both holding each other, my friend!  smile

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com