Topic: no guitar backing tracks!

Hi everyone!
I've been playing the guitar now for 2 years and surprisingly i'm not as crap as I expected to be after 2 years hence I can strum along with many a tune.
The problem I have is the tunes I do know I want to be the only guitar I can hear when I play.
So my question is is there a company out there I can send a list of my favourite tracks to edit the guitar? I know there are lots of kareoke backing tracks available but I don't want the vocals editing, I just want the guitar editing. I really just want to fill the gap with my own guitar playing then maybe after a couple more years I may pluck up the confidence to sing god help me!
Cheers.
John.

Re: no guitar backing tracks!

There are lots of book CD combinations where the tracks have been rerecorded with only druss bass keyboard as appropriate. Alesis' used to make the PlayMate guitar trainer you put any ordinary CD in it and then could slow it down, change pitch and I thought it could reduce centre-mixed guitars but it appears discontinued and now there's a Playmate Vocal Remover instead.

Do start singing though you'll find it will improve your playing of some songs where the lyrics and strums work together. Don't worry about how you sound, choose a Bob Bylan song and you probably sound better than his Bobness already!

'The sound of the city seems to disappear'

Re: no guitar backing tracks!

thanks for that cytania but i've actually tried them guitar trainers. I have a "tascam" and I presume they all work the same but they don't actually take away the guitar. By altering the pitch all it does is quieten everything down even the vocals, drums, keyboard and any other instrument that's bein used. Defeats the whole object really. I could've saved myself £150 and just turned the volume down. Them guitar trainers are good in other ways but for what I want it for is pretty rubbish. Thanks anyway, I appreciate your comments.
john.