Topic: Avatar

How small does a picture have to be so it will upload? I've reduced one down to 18kb and I'm still being told it's too big.

Re: Avatar

great question - i spent two days messing with the same problem - never figured it out - so i gave up.  Hopefully someone has the answer smile

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

I am pretty it has to be less than 10kb and no more than 60x60 (that is configuration of what I have used).

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

i spent 15 minutes writing a goofy song about a pickle and bingo AVATAR appears

out of tune out of key and out of touch

Loved the movie ... saw it twice.

Tenement Funster wrote:

Loved the movie ... saw it twice.

Ha ha ha!

Mojo wrote:

i spent 15 minutes writing a goofy song about a pickle and bingo AVATAR appears

Funny how that works...  (cough... see next quote)

Roger Guppy wrote:

I am pretty it has to be less than 10kb and no more than 60x60 (that is configuration of what I have used).

I'd go with this.  big_smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

7 (edited by dino48 2015-08-01 18:02:17)

unclejoesband wrote:

How small does a picture have to be so it will upload? I've reduced one down to 18kb and I'm still being told it's too big.

ujb Looks like they are all small. I heard of a website that will downsize pictures for free. Insta size.com that may be one word or all small letters,I never went there but I wrote it down. Seems to me you can look at your personel profile and it tells you how large the photo may be.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

You can also do it with Paint that comes free with Windows.

Roger

Roger Guppy wrote:

Roger

It's 31x24 and 18.6kb.

I tried reducing it again but it still says 18.6kb. Doesn't make sense to me but that's what the picture info says.

10 (edited by mekidsmom 2015-08-01 22:33:58)

18 kb, you're almost there.. keep going, keep going!  Gotta get down to 10!

"An avatar is a small image that will be displayed under your username in your posts. It must not be any bigger than 60 x 60 pixels and 10240 bytes (10 KB)."

UJB - email the original file to myself or Roger and we'll be happy to help you out!  smile

If you wold like to forward the original picture (not one you have reduced) to me I will do it for you.

Roger

Roger Guppy wrote:

You can also do it with Paint that comes free with Windows.

Roger

That's what I used to reduce it.

Roger Guppy wrote:

If you wold like to forward the original picture (not one you have reduced) to me I will do it for you.

Roger

Thanks Roger.

I sent them both to Amy last night. It was easier to send an attachment from someone in my email contacts list.

Huzzah!  It is done!

Just as an FYI - The file wouldn't go down to the necessary size with the normal methods.  I had to strip the file of excess data generally used for printing purposes.  I'm not sure how to do that other than with photo editing software.  I'm guessing some of those websites that will do it for ya will strip the files of that info.  Anyhooooo... if anyone else has an issue getting a file down to 10kb or less and you're not comfy using one of those sites, just lemme know and I'll be happy to help.

TIGLJK wrote:

great question - i spent two days messing with the same problem - never figured it out - so i gave up.  Hopefully someone has the answer smile

Jim... I think your photo may have ended up toooooo small.  If you want to send me the original file, I'll be happy to help!  smile

mekidsmom wrote:

Huzzah!  It is done!

I had to strip the file of excess data generally used for printing purposes.  I'm not sure how to do that other than with photo editing software.  I'm guessing some of those websites that will do it for ya will strip the files of that info..

Yeah, that's beyond my computer skills.

Thank You. smile

16 (edited by dino48 2015-08-05 00:48:34)

unclejoesband wrote:
mekidsmom wrote:

Huzzah!  It is done!

I had to strip the file of excess data generally used for printing purposes.  I'm not sure how to do that other than with photo editing software.  I'm guessing some of those websites that will do it for ya will strip the files of that info..

Yeah, that's beyond my computer skills.

Thank You. smile

looks good ujb,Amy is good with software. I think the avater's pictures are too small you can not see the photoes well at all.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman