Topic: Anyone in SoCal?

My husband and I are in southern California and always open to jam sessions with new friends.  We've got some original songs we've written, too, that we're thinking of maybe getting a band together to play.  My husband is a good rhythm guitarist...but we kinda need a lead and a bass.  We have an occasional drummer.  I'm still working on learning guitar, but for the time being I either sing or listen.

Anyway, shoot me an e-mail if you need some jam partners.

Re: Anyone in SoCal?

Devildogs Doll:

Your probley out of Camp Pendleton or around MSCR San Diego. Check the recycler in for your county you may find persons there.
I am in So. Cal about 13 miles east of Los Angeles (barrio boy). Goodluck in your search. Semper Fi Hoorah! (not a marine, one of my trainning officers while in a different profession was and that is the way we were traineed same as boots).

Bootlegger.

I tried sending an e-mail, but do not know if it went through so will put it here also.
Where do you live?  I live in a little town called Phelan on the High Desert.  It is about 10 miles West of Hesperia CA.  Or if you are familiar with Wrightwood just below that.  I am interested in starting a Band for Country Western Songs and have written a couple myself.  I have been ask to do a charitableGig in November and need a lead guitarist who can sing and harmonize.

Let me know your location, maybe we can get together.

StarrLady

StarrLady wrote:

I tried sending an e-mail, but do not know if it went through so will put it here also.
Where do you live?  I live in a little town called Phelan on the High Desert.  It is about 10 miles West of Hesperia CA.  Or if you are familiar with Wrightwood just below that.  I am interested in starting a Band for Country Western Songs and have written a couple myself.  I have been ask to do a charitableGig in November and need a lead guitarist who can sing and harmonize.

Let me know your location, maybe we can get together.

StarrLady

They are either at camp Pendelton, MCRD San Diego or Twenty nine palms.

Bootlegger.
(L.A. County, Ca.)

Looks like I will be heading out to San Diego, Ca. the end of May for a construction project. Since I will only be out there for a few months and will have to spend most of my time working I won't be interested in joining a band but I would like to meet a few of my Chordie "Buddies". I am kinda new at playing but have done a few "Open Mic" nights with my wife that went over purty well. We do a lotta "older" country songs with a few gospel songs mixed in. Anyway, if you are in that area and would like to meet and maybe do a little music, I would be interested in that.

Nela

6 (edited by edarrahsinger 2008-05-18 08:08:45)

Hi, Devildogs Doll!

I sent you an e-mail, but like the others, I am not sure if you received it. So... I am also posting here.

I live in Orange, CA which is 40 miles south of LA and 80 miles north of San Diego. I love to drive (even in CA - Ha!). So, I won't have a problem with a little travel.

I am an Alto and Second Saprano singer. I sing a variety of genres.

I play the electric accoustic guitar. I have my own equipment: MIC with stand, Amp, and, of course, the guitar. I am currently learning the keyboard.

It would be great to get together and jam. So... let's get together sometime!

Let me know what you think. Thanks and happy pickin' and strummin'.

Never build a tin shed under a walnut tree; the fall is quite noisy! :-) Eileen Darrah

Originally from KC, my neighbor built his tin shed under our walnut tree. :-(