Topic: Early NPAD

My 50th is coming up. I asked for a PA. I am interested in giving back to my community with music, if possible. Not many folks worry about our shut-ins, so I'm hoping to be able to play some tunes for them once in a while. I've been working hard to clean up my sloppy songs that I learned for the fun of playing such that they might be fun to hear. So I wanted a PA.

Mrs. Zurf ordered one for my birthday, which isn't until the end of the month, but when it was delivered yesterday she shouted at me, "Hey Dad! You're PA is here."  Mrs. Zurf had given the kids notice, but the eldest had a teenaged version of a senior moment.

It's a Harbinger 4 channel 60 watt. That should get me started. I'll have to see whether the head is powered or the speakers. I've got an eight channel mixer I can step up to, but don't know whether I'll need an amp.

I will need some speaker stands.

Lots of practicing to do. Thanks to those who have given constructive criticism up to now. Keep it up.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: Early NPAD

Good luck with your new toy.

Giving back to the community is very rewarding. The pay isn't great but the rewards are the smiles..at least for me.
Our group plays once a month at a nursing home. To be able to brighten someone's day is pay enough for us. It's the paying it forward thing that I like...maybe someday when I'm in their situation some will play for me. Karma.

And Happy Birthday, a bit early.

Thanks Chordie for the years of music and advise.

Good choice - get out there and play, Mr Z!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Just turning 50? Ahhh, you kids and your toys!

Congrats Zurf!

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

I looked at units like that, and went with an amp instead.  I still sometimes think I might have liked that instead, except that it's not as easy to move around as an amp.  Let us know how it sounds (when you're allowed to play with it).  Happy Early Birthday!!!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Dirty Ed wrote:

Just turning 50? Ahhh, you kids and your toys!

Congrats Zurf!

DE

That's why I think of you as a crazy uncle instead of the usual run-of-the-mill crazy friend.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Very nice,& well done on taking your music to others.
50 you`re only a kid.

The King Of Audio Torture