Topic: over the rainbow

I'm looking for a song similar to "Somewhere over the rainbow" - I believe it was part of a recent movie soundtrack.  The song is very upbeat and has a fast guitar strum.  I don't know the artist, or the movie - I love the song but can't find it anywhere.  I would appreciate any help.

Susan

Re: over the rainbow

If you go on this website and look under

"various artist" there are like 1309 songs

on there and I thought I saw that song.

That song is off of The Wizard of oz.

Good Luck!

susan,

I might be wrong but you could try the band " me first and the gimme gimmes", they do punked up versions of slow songs.

I know they do this but dont know if it is the version you are looking for

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

look under eva cassidy, if that helps.

-kendra

I believe you were looking for Israel Kamikawiwoole (Brudder Iz)'s version of Somewhere over the Rainbow.

It's on Chordie under I for Israel.

Late but hope that helps.

<-----<< On an even field, only talent prevails! >>----->
   Gans Gwarak da yn dorn yu lel, gwyr lowen an golon!
        >>-----> [color=#FF0000]Rudhes[/color] hag [color=yellow]Owres[/color], Kajima <-----<<

Yes, I've seen that on Muppets Wizzard of Oz I think.

I think the song you are looking for is the one below by Israel K. It is a combination of the song somewhere over the rainbow and what a wonderful world. This is from the soundtrack of the movie "50 First Kisses" and is the song they play right at the end of the movie.

It is really played with a ukele but if you want to duplicate it play with your capo around the seventh fret.

susanreda,
I could be really wrong, but I am working on a song by Jason Mraz called, "I'm Yours" that has a reggae rhythm and a similar feeling to "Over the Rainbow".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zut0TznmSu0
Could this possibly be it?

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?