Topic: X factor dreary songs

Is it me or has music stepped into a dreary phase I've been watching the x factor and contestants are singing the most dreary songs,i absolutly hate songs like hosiers take me to church,bad versions of proud mary  and the monotonous dirge of forgetfull covers If there gona do covers make them somthing individual ,several ocasions Simon Cowell stopped artists from singing original songs in favour of covers ,maybe it should be called lets find a tribute act.

Re: X factor dreary songs

Graham ...

I don't watch any of those TV "talent" shows, for the reasons you've given, and many more. I'd sooner watch paint dry or grass grow, if I wanted to be bored stiff.

Yep, they murder some innocent song, then the Judges tell them - "You're a star!" And, sadly, they believe it...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

The talent that interests me is here, or in bars, or around campfires. Extending notes forever or turning one syllable into ten while doing vocal scales practice interests me not at all.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I've watched the X factor on and off for a few years. This year I've decided to give it a break and work on my own stuff.
You know what depresses most about the programme is not the lack of talent but how the talent is manipulated through the show and afterwards.
I have heard some great voices some real talented singer songwriters with great original songs get nowhere or if they do when they release a song it's bland and conforms to what is considered downloadable teen fair.
Well I guess that's where the money is and mostly that where the real talent gets compromised.
I've got nothing against the show in general. It's entertainment of the base kind and no one gets hurt
even though there's buckets of tears shed lol..
There's always strickly on the other side...

Tenement Funster wrote:

Graham ...

I don't watch any of those TV "talent" shows, for the reasons you've given, and many more. I'd sooner watch paint dry or grass grow, if I wanted to be bored stiff.

Ditto    they have too many and theyhave worn them out!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

i should be doing life for all the songs i have murdered.

normtheguitar wrote:

Yep, they murder some innocent song, then the Judges tell them - "You're a star!" And, sadly, they believe it...

out of tune out of key and out of touch

OMG, I'm sat here in a pub in Majorca having to suffer all this garbage. It's either that or football , soccer... And I hate soccer. What can I do? It's this or karaoke, maybe suicide? Can't get worse. I know...anibriation, sorted

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Phill .... sounds like you'd be better off somewhere with your guitar & your own quiet company.