Topic: Random thought

I am sitting at work studying / reviewing some basic Ultrasound theory.  One of the questions is: Acoustic impedance is identified by the letter?  Well the answer is  Z.  But then the Metalizer in me takes over, HEY that would be a great name for a band!  and have it look something like:

ACOUSTIC
       Z
  IMPEDANCE

OH, and yes folks,, I finally let myself do it, I went into an acoustic room of a local store and looked at all the Martins.  only one was used and it was 400.  Wish I had the money.  I picked it up and played it (which I have really kept myself from doing)  and OK YES I FINALLY GET IT! LOLOLOLOL  just wish I had the money to get it.  it wont last long I am sure.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: Random thought

Beamer interesting band name it would be good. I think you should do a double take on the Martin and see some way too buy it as it will not last long.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Idd love to but i blew my guitar budget for a while with  the Strat and the RP500.  bought some very cool Betty page transfers to decorate the guitars. gotta pay homage.  Original plan was to get a white Explorer and customize it as "Betty" and then one will be "Marylin"

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

Scott, you're not going soft on us now are ya?  Acoustics!  Awe... you could play some really pretty stuff with one!  Plus, they can always be plugged into a pedal for extra effect.  LOL!  Next you have to try a few Taylors.  You should seriously plan to make it to NY next summer... although I know that'd be extra difficult with the family spread out right now.

Now you've got me thinking though... I bet DE could come up with some pretty cool lyrics for a song revolving around the acoustic shadow. Or... even you could if it was relating to love.  wink

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Beamer ...

Your ultrasound course must be really engaging, if thinking up band names is where your mind wanders ... I've taken courses like that also (zzzzzzzzzzzzzz).

And as MKM says, I plug my acoustics through the pedal board all the time. The 12-string played with some flanger + reverb sounds awesome.

ZZ Top ... DragonBall Z ... Acoustic Z Impedance ... nice ring to it.

You're dang right that acoustic is defined by Z!!!  Z all the way, man!  Now can anyone tell me what is defined by 'urf'.  Maybe "weird chords at the wrong places".

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

https://memecrunch.com/meme/2WTTX/urf/image.jpg

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

8 (edited by beamer 2015-12-23 00:00:48)

OH I have Acoustics, remember I have the 73 Ovation 12er and the Kaman 6er and I have the Dean Markley humbucker sound hole pick up for them.  I’m also the first guy to plug a A/E 12 into a     Marshall JCM 800 stack at guitar center! LOLOL 
Amy- You are correct, I don’t think I’ll have any real vacation this year, have to build it up.  They had Taylors in the room also. Everything had the signs DO NOT PLAY WITH OUT EMPLOYEE PRESENT, except for the Martin.
And the name of the band being Acoustic Z Impedance is actually for a very heavy band as Impedance  =
“The greater the difference between the acoustic impedances of the two materials at a boundary in the body the greater the amount of reflection – two materials with the same acoustic impedance would give no reflection (or refraction) while two with widely separated values would give much larger reflections.”
So in my mind heavy distortion to acoustic thus gives a heavy reflection of sound
Or another good name would also be  ACOUSTIC  (Insert this  between them http://www.sengpielaudio.com/FormulaWheelElectronics.gif  )  RESTANCE 
OR SIMPLY      R = p (V)
I know it’s a bit overboard LOLOL

Hilarious Jerome. 

Yeah man.  Z is a greater reflection of a body.  I didn't know you cared, Beamer, but I'm spoken for.  Or maybe you are saying I have a much larger reflection than previously, which would be true.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

10 (edited by Tenement Funster 2015-12-23 11:50:50)

It's not overboard at all, Beamer ... not one bit.

Once you've hypnotized your audience fast asleep with the full and detailed explanation of your band's name, you can then resurrect them with a monstrous power chord, followed by a searing arpeggio. You could even have a PowerPoint presentation, with schematics and the whole schmozzle. Think of all the instant admirers you'll have!

Sorry, my friend ... the imagination gets carried away at times.

11 (edited by beamer 2015-12-23 22:02:10)

LOLOLOLOLOL TF that's awesome! I cant do a arpeggio or sweep picking hahahahah, but maybe a Am Pentatonic with LOTS OF DELAY & Chorus smile  I mean that's why I bought the ROCKSTAR BOX or,  I mean the RP500

12 (edited by TIGLJK 2015-12-24 11:53:58)

http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r566/JK072652/Z%20Metalizer_zpsjujhycvz.jpg
I couldn't resist !!

Merry Christmas to all of my fellow Chordians!!

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

TIGLJK wrote:

http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r56 … jhycvz.jpg
I couldn't resist !!

Merry Christmas to all of my fellow Chordians!!

Awesome. Nice pun.