Topic: 3rd degree burns

Last week I made 3 trips to the lake, phishing. Had a great time and caught a lotta phish. Now I'm layed up with 3rd degree burns on my bottom lip. Whenever I'm outside I do take precautions against the sun's affects as I have had issues before due to the cancer medication I'm taking. One of its side affects is developing a rash and blisters due to being exposed to the sun for a prolonged period of time. BUT, this time I got a double whammy! I'm also taking an antubotic for a chest cold and, you guessed it, one of its side affects is a rash and blisters from prolonged exposure to the sun. I do cover up as much as possible and use sunscreen whenever I'm outside but I guess I over did it this time. My bottom lip is one big blister and is very sore. I'm using a medicated chap stick to keep my lips moist because if they get dry they crack open and bleed. Right now my wife is suffering as bad as I am as she misses my kissing upon her. She wants me to kiss her all the time and I just can't do it. She is having sugar withdrawal and just not in a good mood. With Christmas coming soon and my not being able to kiss her it's looking like it'll be a sad holiday around here.

Nela

Re: 3rd degree burns

Wow that sucks. Get well soon.

Need to get you some of these
http://safishing.com/product-category/f … aQodCtgN2Q

Better stay away from the mistletoe Nela!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Geez, that's awful.  I hope you get to feeling better soon, and that your wife gets that sugar. 

In the future, you'll need some kind of zinc ointment or something for your lips.  You can't stop fishing.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf is right on, zinc will totally block out all sun. 

In the mean time, I suggest buying your wife some Eos lip balm.  It's like $4 for a little container, and it's the "popular" thing right now.  It has a TON of flavor in it... that might keep her busy for a while loving on her own lips.  wink

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I hope that painful lip is much better by now, my friend!

Happy Holidays to you and your better half! wink

Bill and Dondra

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

How about a sombrero? All kidding aside, I hope you're on the mend.

Wow NELA I almost feel your pain. This thing you call sun, it's a very distant memory and I still have photos of it from my holidays in Greece. Here in the middle of the UK it's so long since we've seen it we'll all soon be suffering rickets

Thick as two short planks