Topic: Guild out of tune

Hi every one, I`ve had a Guild F4ce for the last 15 years most of which have been spent in its case , its a great guitar if you`ve got small fingers unlike my pig`s t*ts , the problem I`ve got is it`s out of tune at the 12th fret A string only ,any one got any cures . Otherwise its back in the case . Thanks .

You can`t wind me up , I`m electric.

Re: Guild out of tune

What type of bridge does the guitar have?

acmecorp wrote:

What type of bridge does the guitar have?

The correct question should read "Is it an acoustic or an electric"?
I am betting on an acoustic with acoustic pickups (based upon the fact that I have a 23 year old F45-CE acoustic with acoustic pick up Guild, Original owner). From your description the "A" string needs to be intonated. I don't work on acoustics nor would I like to (their too tempermental and to easy to screw up if you don't know what your doing).  Take it in to your local shop and get it set up with your string gauge preference.

Bootlegger.

Thanks for the replies guys. The Guild`s as previously mentioned an electro acoustic with a Fishman transducer in the body  .I`m curious how it can be flat in this particular spot , I don`t play it much these days which is a shame .

You can`t wind me up , I`m electric.

You have either a high spot on the fret or it is not set correctly. Take it in and have the fret dressed cost should be minimal.

Good luck.

Bootlegger.