Topic: Tonight's set List

I'm posting this here for fun, and also in case it works out great, I want to be able to show my band that I called this smile

Jam 1 em - D - A7, transition to
All Along The Watchtower in em
jam 2 em - G transitions to
Comfortably Numb (Chorus Only)
Back to Watchtower, final verse
Jam 1 reprise, transitions to
Use Me Up (Bill Withers) transitions to
Superstition (Stevie Wonder)

First stop

Fire (Hendrix) Play ending riff 3x then go to
Cissy strut

Second stop

Wolfman's Brother (Phish)
Mack Daddy (BGD Original)

War Pigs

Re: Tonight's set List

sounds like quite a bluesy/rocking set, hope you're going to tape it? good luck for tonight, we're not really supposed to say that, we're supposed to say...BREAK A LEG.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Sure would like to see this show - I hope you have somebody taking video so you can share!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Sounds great

That did not work.  Lol.

Oh No.

Will there be any details coming?

It was just a huge mess. Missed chords. So we played through it because, well that's what we do, got it back together, ended at the same time and then the rest of the set was fine. 

So now we know not to do that for next time lol.

You're beating yourself up over a couple chords? In one song?

Silly you.

I should be so lucky.

I always  say if  you  get  the  start  and finish  right   the  middle  looks  after its  self  and   no body  complains, You  know  when you've  made  a  mistake  the  audience  dont  always  realise. Dont  beat  your  self up  over  a  couple  of missed  chords ,I  remember  a  few years  ago   thinking  I'd  made  a complete  mess  of   Seven nation army  at  a  festival .At  the  end  of  the  set  we  called  out  to  the  audience  if  they  wanted  another  and  they  shouted  for   Seven nation army .

unclejoesband wrote:

You're beating yourself up over a couple chords? In one song?

Silly you.

I should be so lucky.

I am criticized by bandmates for being a tad on the "too meticulous" side of things. lol

Grah1 wrote:

I always  say if  you  get  the  start  and finish  right   the  middle  looks  after its  self  and   no body  complains, You  know  when you've  made  a  mistake  the  audience  dont  always  realise. Dont  beat  your  self up  over  a  couple  of missed  chords ,I  remember  a  few years  ago   thinking  I'd  made  a complete  mess  of   Seven nation army  at  a  festival .At  the  end  of  the  set  we  called  out  to  the  audience  if  they  wanted  another  and  they  shouted  for   Seven nation army .

I feel that pain. I've found that (unfortunately) you can do a mediocre job of a really popular song and it will be better received 90% of the time than an immaculate, incredible version of a more obscure tune.

The idea was sound, so we are going to hit the studio and work out the time feel change and key change. Next time we try it we will crush it. And hopefully I will remember to press record on my Sony so you guys can hear.

I've always gone with "start with an easy one" just to settle any nerves. When I saw you were going to jam on the first song I was a little nervous for you, I try to avoid solos and such till I settle down. Still, glad you got through it unscathed and you're looking forward to doing it again....shame about the Sony, I would have taped the first gig just to see the weak points not for public display....unless it was really good, which is why you never see me live on you-tube  lol

Phill Williams wrote:

I've always gone with "start with an easy one" just to settle any nerves. When I saw you were going to jam on the first song I was a little nervous for you, I try to avoid solos and such till I settle down. Still, glad you got through it unscathed and you're looking forward to doing it again....shame about the Sony, I would have taped the first gig just to see the weak points not for public display....unless it was really good, which is why you never see me live on you-tube  lol

I usually do that as well, but my bass player and I have been together for a really long time (15 years) and this was a low profile show so I thought it might be fun to take a risk.

Normally we open with something driving and fast, but not too fast.

The jam and Watchtower were great. Those worked out fine. I guess if I hadn't been too cute by throwing Floyd in everything would've been fine lol

Ahhhh, but I love comfortably numb. I do Another Brick and I'd love to do some more...one day??????

Graham

That freaking cracked me up !  That story should get sent into the Reader's digest magazine.!!!

BGD - it's still awesome man - do you know how many of wish we we were good enough to go do a show - you are blessed - don't let a couple of mess-ups bother you !!
Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

TIGLJK wrote:

Graham

That freaking cracked me up !  That story should get sent into the Reader's digest magazine.!!!

BGD - it's still awesome man - do you know how many of wish we we were good enough to go do a show - you are blessed - don't let a couple of mess-ups bother you !!
Jim

It doesn't. smile I knew it was high risk and just figured I'd give 'er hell. I knew I'd have a story to tell either way!

Baldguitardude wrote:

That did not work.  Lol.

sorry sad    But it did look good on paper smile

In my late teens I had a drug problem...now in my sixties all my problems have a drug.