Topic: 2 M HERBERT

Hello Michel, I just wanted to tell you that I took your advise and paid a visit to Claude DeBussy in St Herbert. You were right they are very friendly there. I ended up staying for over 2 hours. The salesman even showed me and let me play his personal Gibson acoustic. The guy is a very good guitar player too. I too am shopping for a Martin. I am ready to make the purchace I am just trying to find the best price. I made some phone calls to some shops in Vermont, they have some much better prices down there. I am just worried how much money they might charge at the border

what a long strange trip it's been

Re: 2 M HERBERT

Hey Mike its me again, turns out Studio de Musique Claude DeBussy gave me the best price in Canada on the Martin I want, and I called and went everywhere in the Montreal area. The news is I got a price in Vermont for $1,000.00 less. Its true there is a difference in US and Canadian currancy but before you buy your Martin you might want to check the prices in the states. I ordered mine and have been told it should be availble this tuesday.

what a long strange trip it's been

Re: 2 M HERBERT

The exchange rate for Cdn to US is very low right now. Ask your bank and they can tell you. Bring cash in US dollars because the shop in VT might charge you more for the exchange then the bank. You can call customs canada to see what the duties are.....or how long you have to stay in the US before you can bring back an item of that value.
Happy to see that they took care of you at Debussys!
Good luck
Michel

I may be goin' to hell in a bucket babe