Topic: Betty is dressed out

BETTY ALL DRESSED OUT. Today she is sporting GFS Retrotron "Hot" Liverpool Humbucker and two "Brighton Rock" Single coils. Middle wired out of phase with the neck. Betty is ready to apply your punishment. (sound bites to follow)

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-0/p370x247/12801181_10209455358080155_3038515076969653358_n.jpg?oh=0b923e87b13186991bc2ffea09d0c149&oe=577A85E4

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/12038358_10209455358960177_485990552103479118_n.jpg?oh=dbb16e0a2172236d9471d4b2d1de7883&oe=57807FD7

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: Betty is dressed out

Nice guitar beamer.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

That's why I prefer acoustic, I guess. That didn't make sense to me. I'm glad that you like how it turned out.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I know nothing about electrics, but it's PURTY!  smile 

Jim started researching those GFS pickups, and was surprised at the low prices available and great reviews.  I have a feeling that I'll have to start taking my relaxing baths with music playing through earbuds while I read.  I don't think the bathroom fan that works so well to mute out the children will work as well going forward.  big_smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Looking forward to hearing what those new pups sound like.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

beautiful artwork, sound to match?

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

7 (edited by Tenement Funster 2016-03-28 21:46:03)

New PUPs look great in your rig, Beamer. You happy with the tone? I like the way you phased-out (reversed?) the middle pickup, to cancel some of the hum that single coils are known for.

8 (edited by beamer 2016-03-30 04:37:51)

Thanks everyone! Yep Betty is a work in progress, more art work to come. Thinking some of the headlines from her trial.  the sound is really nice on the bridge and neck, the middle out of phase,,, well its not what I thought it was going to be.  Im thinking I may need to have it wired standard.

Amy depending on what Jim wants, between Russel and me, we can point him in the right direction  smile

Still want an explorer type bodied guitar to create Marylin!

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

OMG Scott!  Last night he started rambling at me and I didn't know WHAT he was talking about!  He was saying stuff about different sounds though.  Apparently, there's a pick up for every possible sound imaginable... and he wants them ALL!  LOL!   He has that pedal for now, so can get a lot out of that of course.  I personally would think he just needs something "all around" but, no doubt he'll have a certain sound he wants more than others.  We'll see!  smile  Maybe I can get him to pop on here and ask some questions.  He does LURK on a regular basis though.  wink  (Hey JIM - tongue )

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

10 (edited by beamer 2016-03-30 22:45:45)

AMY, I am at work an can not post these sound files right now. I am sending them to you via FB chat. can you load them to one of your clouds and post for me. Or I can do it at midnight LOL I just cant access Google cloud on work computer.  Let Jim Have a listen. He will want to buy cheap guitars just to put all the cool pickups in!
Also there is a killer steel blue  Squire Tele for 200 at the store.  ( just want it so bad. it does not have the "ash tray" bridge that makes me hate Tele's.  (Carla will kill me! but heck the prices are so LOW right now!)  JIM take note! And what box is he using? a Didgitech?

11 (edited by Tenement Funster 2016-04-04 09:59:50)

beamer wrote:

Thanks everyone! Yep Betty is a work in progress, more art work to come. Thinking some of the headlines from her trial.  the sound is really nice on the bridge and neck, the middle out of phase,,, well its not what I thought it was going to be.  Im thinking I may need to have it wired standard.

Amy depending on what Jim wants, between Russel and me, we can point him in the right direction  smile

Still want an explorer type bodied guitar to create Marylin!

Beamer ... you mentioned that you might have to re-wire the middle pickup for standard wiring. If was returned to the original wiring, and then just re-mounted it "end-for-end" in the pick guard, wouldn't that give you the same hum-cancelling effect? Just a thought ...

12 (edited by beamer 2016-04-05 21:20:12)

TF, I figured out what was happening, I had raised the PU a little more and that was a bad idea, so lowered it and OH yea, the most important thing, PUT SOME JUICE TO IT! smile
If you look at my post in general, I put new pics up of final stickering and a new sound link.  Its all on the 4th selector position.  It really rocks!  The only way to really get a brian may sound is to REALLY MODIFY a pick guard with 6 switches like the red special and have 3 modified VOX AC30 amps LOLOLOL Oh and the guy who puts it all together.  (OH and Brian Mays DNA and fingers!) This is a great Rig rundown on Mays guitar, effects and amps.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ_OamX-PA8

So in short, Yea Im starting to really like that 4th position!