With barely a blip
The peasants on the front line
known as cannon fodder
Their lives worth not a tick
Their reward.....at best
Crumbs from the table

The King Of Audio Torture

Re: Panama Papers (nothings changed)

"crumbs from the table" and being charged the earth for them!

another earthy and gritty poem, and very contentious at this moment with all the scandal pertaining to the actual "panama papers" all our (so called) leaders who charge us the earth in taxes while they hide their money away in "off shore" accounts so they don't pay any. now that's a cause for war.

as you can see you've got me all worked up, so your poem worked....great work

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

There many who have large amounts of money who dont pay taxes or put back. While the struggling masses have no option and pay their taxes. Large Corperates are ruthless in the way they destroy small business. Good on the few  wealthy philanthropist who try and make  a differance. EB  you got me thinking.

Easybeat, thought provoking and sad  " the peasants on the front line, known as cannon fodder, their lives not worth a tick" .

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

The "conquer / colonize / capture / commandeer" mentality seems to be as old as the human race. And the greediest sociopaths always find a way to inspire others to do their dirty work. It's a tough reality, and you've captured it well, Easybeat.

Oh, boy! This is wonderfully written easybeat, but I think only you British and Australian folks know how to  react to it. All I know is "The Charge Of The Light Brigade" by Alfred Lord Tennyson.

Just a very small suggestion, if you don't mind? If you ever perform live, you need to speak this great poem out loud and then launch your band into a suitable song.

Thanks for sharing this, my friend.

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com