Topic: in your opinion......

what is the best acoustic guitar to play on, learn on,??? just curious as to what most will say so please do share your thoughts !!!

Re: in your opinion......

I believe just about every one will have a different answer for this one. I did most of my learning on a Guild F-50. I truly love this guitar. Today I ordered myself a new guitar, the guitar of my dreams, a Martin D-42

what a long strange trip it's been

I guess depending on your preference.  I have a couple of Ovations and they were fine for me.  Of course, I would prefer to have a Takamine or a Martin.  But, my dream guitar would be a Taylor.

For practicing, if your guitar is set up correctly, it would get you by.  I still think a Takamine is a good solid practice guitar for the price.

Kahuna wrote:

I guess depending on your preference.  I have a couple of Ovations and they were fine for me.  Of course, I would prefer to have a Takamine or a Martin.  But, my dream guitar would be a Taylor.

For practicing, if your guitar is set up correctly, it would get you by.  I still think a Takamine is a good solid practice guitar for the price.

As stated its all about preference, I have played quite a few Taylors and they are truly very nice. I on the other hand have never been able to see what a lot of other players see in Takamine, they really dont do anything for me

what a long strange trip it's been

Hi Trish303,

My feeling, for what it is worth, is that the guitar that feels comfortable in your hands and sound good to you it the one to have. The make and the price do not matter if it suits you. I would always recommend having it set up professionally though to improve the action and make it easier to play.

Good luck,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I agree with Roger what feels good is the one. I have a Fender acoustic and just love it. It feels good to me. Other people who have played it think it's hard to play. I say Oh Well.

....Badeye.

one caper after another

For me, I say a cheap one is the best to learn on!  After you learn to play, then you can start worrying about tone and other things like that, but if you're just starting, any guitar will do, so why not save some money!

trish303 wrote:

what is the best acoustic guitar to play on, learn on,??? just curious as to what most will say so please do share your thoughts !!!

Not to sound like a wise guy but the acoustic you have whether it be great or a cheap one learn to play it.  I've found that playing on a piece of junk, when your ready to make the move on to a new guitar you will have your foundation of playing down.  The new action will be slick and fast so you will notice your playing and mistakes, also you will begin to polish your playing.  The reason because you know have a new guitar, you'll hear and feel the difference.  A diamond starts as a piece of coal, forms into a diamond (after a real long time, I don't want to get to graphic) but it is still not the final cut and polished stone that your use to seeing.

Learn to play first than figure out what guitar is best.

Good luck,
Bootlegger.
Bootlegger guitars.

Whatever guitar fits you.
cool danspr

Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel
Jimi Hendrix
cool danspr