Topic: singers nodes

H all,
as a fe know I went to the hospital to get a camera rammed down my throat to look at my vocal cords as the doc says he thought I had songers nodes. Well he as wrong, I have A singer node. only only one on my cord.
I have to go to get voice traiging and anti biotics and anti acid things for three months then go cak to see if I will get the star trek lase gun down my throat, so everything is fine.

The camera I got was put up my nose to go down my thraot. not very nice. He told me to breath in and not to swallow but if anyone has had this done , it is very hard, so I tried to swallow, I gagged and I coughed saliva all over him, some over his face, ,lol, I did warn him about my nose and things going up it,lol.
apart from the vocal cords he noticed my septum is bent, which i already knew but got told nothing could be done ( trying to get rid of as many patients off the national health sevice list he thinks) but it can be done, so after my cords are mended i will g in for the burnig of the septum so i can breath easily, or easier. This all means after my cords are done and my nose my singing should improve..... i know, hard to believe I can get any better tha nI already am but tis true!!! ,lol, I might even appear on one of those tings wit hsuimon cowel and tell him where to go when he begs me to sign for him,lol

( yes, I have been ot and had a drink,lol)

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Re: singers nodes

Ken - It is good they now know precisely what is there and are able to do something for it.

Regarding the voice training - in my mind I envision a 'My Fair Lady' sort of situation with a Professor Henry Higgins sort of guy coaching you on how to say, "The rain in Spain falls mainly in the plain."  A very amusing image . . .

But actually, I am truly curious to know just what the voice training will be.  Let us know what it is all about when you do that.  James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

3 (edited by bootleger 2007-07-19 02:52:27)

upyerkilt wrote:

H all,
as a fe know I went to the hospital to get a camera rammed down my throat to look at my vocal cords as the doc says he thought I had songers nodes. Well he as wrong, I have A singer node. only only one on my cord.
I have to go to get voice traiging and anti biotics and anti acid things for three months then go cak to see if I will get the star trek lase gun down my throat, so everything is fine.

The camera I got was put up my nose to go down my thraot. not very nice. He told me to breath in and not to swallow but if anyone has had this done , it is very hard, so I tried to swallow, I gagged and I coughed saliva all over him, some over his face, ,lol, I did warn him about my nose and things going up it,lol.
apart from the vocal cords he noticed my septum is bent, which i already knew but got told nothing could be done ( trying to get rid of as many patients off the national health sevice list he thinks) but it can be done, so after my cords are mended i will g in for the burnig of the septum so i can breath easily, or easier. This all means after my cords are done and my nose my singing should improve..... i know, hard to believe I can get any better tha nI already am but tis true!!! ,lol, I might even appear on one of those tings wit hsuimon cowel and tell him where to go when he begs me to sign for him,lol

( yes, I have been ot and had a drink,lol)

Ken

Well K.O.S. be glad they could fix the problem from the north side and did'nt try the southern side to get there:lol:  Glad to hear your doing better.

Bootlegger.

Hi Ken,

I am glad that the tests went OK for you even if it was a little unpleasant to have done. Mind you, the doctor standing there with your spit all over his face hopefully took your mind of it somewhat. Of course you now join the ranks of many famous artistes who have had this complaint.

Although I realise that your singing cannot be improved upon, the extra confidence you gain by having it done will surely get you on TV and you will certainly get my vote.

Like James I too am curious about the voice training so please let us know about it.

Take care,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"