Topic: requierments to be, or to see a good guitar player

- talent, and a lot of musicians (talent is needed in every activity, like base ball american football, in fact a long long list. If you have talent, you use it, but also denie it, or you are not aware that you have a certain talent.
- know guitar chords, starting with the "classic seven" A B C D E F G, and if you can play this, and you like a kind of melancholy in your song, use the minors Am Bm Cm, most used are
Am Em Dm, and while you are busy to practise anyway, try more bluesy chords like
A7  B7  E7  C7  D7 G7 F7, is more bluesy.
I can play quit good, I have tons of songs, books and instruments, but I just played a while in a group end seventies. Since a few years I have a very good friend, plays and guitar and drum, he  learned me a lot about keeping my rhythm, difficult to keep a rhythm when playing alone. I agree that a metronome would help me, but I have a small device having it all
- skills: this is the only thing I wanted yet to mention YOU CAN ONLY IMPROVE YOUR SKILLS, BY PRACTISING A LOT. I suggest start with 1 song, and don' change before you can play it like a professional.

So what do when you start playing guitar
How do you solve the problems if you play alone, but if they ask you to play in a band: DO IT, it is amazing how fast and how much you learn, like tips & tricks.

And me, I am desperately looking for information about blues, pentatonic, x bar blues.3.
So PLEASE HELP me how I can start to play those scales. I play a lot of blues, but scales? just from reading books.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: requierments to be, or to see a good guitar player

I practice scales by just going up and down, up an down, over and over. once I can play the scale quite decently, I go to jamcenter.com and try to solo over the  jam machine. If I really get frustrated about not being able to learn a scale. I'll listen to some blues music. The more you listen to the music you're trying to play, the more you become familiarized with the licks/traits of the type of music.

NOTE: when soloing over rhythm blues guitar, make sure your hand is moving to the same beat as the rhythm guitar, or else your solos tend to sound choppy, and for lakc of a better word, out of place

If you spend your life judging people, how will you ever have time to love them ♥

Re: requierments to be, or to see a good guitar player

Well thanks for the info, I found some sites, and I tried the pentatonic scale, a few examples, and I was surprised that I didn't have 1 single problem to follow the tab's. I play about 30 years, so I do have some experience, it always looked impossible to me, so I tried it maybe once. But due to an accident, I have so much time, it was maybe 5 years ago I have tried to play it, and now I can conclude that it is not that difficult, I promess you to start easy, with tab ( I hated tabs) and as far as I can see, it is a matter of practising. It will take 20' a day, and doing this every day, I will reach my goal.
THANKS

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]