Re: Football2016-2017 season

dino48 wrote:
jerome.oneil wrote:
Doug_Smith wrote:

If you should find yourself anywhere near Dublin, you should try to find Lena (Old Doll) who has a Florist shop there.... we haven't heard from her in awhile here on Chordie, but I'm sure would be pleased for the meeting.

Happy House Hunting! smile

Lena actually delivered flowers to my wife on my behalf way back when we were dating.  She's all kinds of awesome people.

My wife grew up in Dublin (Glasnevin) and we have a house in Drumcondra.

Good times!   big_smile

Jerome glad too here it,thats a blessing. I hope you will stay and post still!!

We aren't moving for a couple of years yet.   I have two more years before I vest in the railroad workers pension and kids are out of the house (new baby excepted).  This was just a looky-loo session for the most part, to see where we might like to be.  Dublin is insanely expensive, and I really prefer the west.  If we do it right, we could sorta-semi retire, which would be really cool.

And you might be surprised to know they have internet in Europe, too!  big_smile

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Good to hear you will be here for awile..I have heard they do not have large supermarkets there except in the big cities.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

dino48 wrote:

Good to hear you will be here for awile..I have heard they do not have large supermarkets there except in the big cities.

They don't really even have them in the big cities.   Tesco seems to be the biggest,  and the Fred Meyers down the street from me is three times the size of the biggest one I've seen.

I actually like that, though.   Instead of picking up everything at SuperMart, walk down the street, stop at the baker for some fresh bread, the butcher for some meat, the local grocer for some produce....

jerome.oneil wrote:
dino48 wrote:

They don't really even have them in the big cities.   Tesco seems to be the biggest,  and the Fred Meyers down the street from me is three times the size of the biggest one I've seen.

I actually like that, though.   Instead of picking up everything at SuperMart, walk down the street, stop at the baker for some fresh bread, the butcher for some meat, the local grocer for some produce....

I had a friend that lived in Scotland by the submarine/ship area and they liked shopping every couple of days They loved living therebut got transferred back too the states.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Green Bay and Seattle teams both got a win todqy. they did not show on my tv channels.

My 49ers won last night 28 to 0 vs the Rams. I am hoping they get rid of Kaperneck. I do not like someone that will not respect our flag.

Steelers looking mighty tough !!!

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

TIGLJK wrote:

Steelers looking mighty tough !!!

ya they look real good!

The '9ers looked great, which reinvigorated my Chip Kelly hate.  I'll never get over Oregon.   smile

The Seahawks looked like crap against Miami.  If their offense looks like that against the Rams this week, they're gonna get killed.  The Rams always give them fits, and with Wilson hurt, it does not bode well.

On the college side,   my Huskies look every bit the ranked team they are.  Their two wins were against softer teams, but they looked like what you should look like when playing a cupcake.  40pts in the first half, and the ability to sit your starters five minutes into the third quarter.  They are ranked #8 in most polls right now, which is as high as they've been in 15 years.  They should roll over an FCS Portland State team this week, and then PAC-12 play starts at UCLA.  That will be the real test.

jerome.oneil wrote:

The '9ers looked great, which reinvigorated my Chip Kelly hate.  I'll never get over Oregon.   smile

The Seahawks looked like crap against Miami.  If their offense looks like that against the Rams this week, they're gonna get killed.  The Rams always give them fits, and with Wilson hurt, it does not bode well.

On the college side,   my Huskies look every bit the ranked team they are.  Their two wins were against softer teams, but they looked like what you should look like when playing a cupcake.  40pts in the first half, and the ability to sit your starters five minutes into the third quarter.  They are ranked #8 in most polls right now, which is as high as they've been in 15 years.  They should roll over an FCS Portland State team this week, and then PAC-12 play starts at UCLA.  That will be the real test.

Hi Jerome I was glad too see them win,the Rams looked bad and I was not able too watch the Seahawks. I do not know much at all about chip Kelly I thought he came from the Eagles. Wilson is out? that's bad news. They are blocking out a lot of football here too make us pay for more on my cable channels.

dino48 wrote:
jerome.oneil wrote:

Hi Jerome I was glad too see them win,the Rams looked bad and I was not able too watch the Seahawks. I do not know much at all about chip Kelly I thought he came from the Eagles. Wilson is out? that's bad news. They are blocking out a lot of football here too make us pay for more on my cable channels.

Chip Kelly was the head coach at Oregon when the Eagles hired him.  He is a bit of a notorious a#!hole, which is why they fired him.   So when San Francisco hired him, I was thrilled, because all my 49ers hate was wrapped up in Jim Harbaugh and when he left for Michigan, I went back to not caring about them any more.  big_smile

Wilson is in, but he will be playing on a sprained ankle.   I don't think there is a QB in the league that is more dependent on mobility than him.  He can throw it as well as anyone, but because he is so short he has to be able to move around in the pocket to see where his passing lanes are, and his ability to run is always a threat, but that is now diminished.

jerome.oneil wrote:
dino48 wrote:
jerome.oneil wrote:

Chip Kelly was the head coach at Oregon when the Eagles hired him.  He is a bit of a notorious a#!hole, which is why they fired him.   So when San Francisco hired him, I was thrilled, because all my 49ers hate was wrapped up in Jim Harbaugh and when he left for Michigan, I went back to not caring about them any more.  big_smile

Wilson is in, but he will be playing on a sprained ankle.   I don't think there is a QB in the league that is more dependent on mobility than him.  He can throw it as well as anyone, but because he is so short he has to be able to move around in the pocket to see where his passing lanes are, and his ability to run is always a threat, but that is now diminished.

I  saw somewhere he was not too good of a defense coach .I just hope the niners can win at least several games.thats too bad Wilson hurt the ankle as he has too be moble almost all the time. I think the Rams are getting a different quarter back.

My niners lost and Jeromes Seahawks lost today. I hope the Packers will win,they have J Nelson back.

Rogers 3 fumbles lost 1 interception (on crucial 4th quarter drive) Packers lose end of report.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

dino48 wrote:

I  saw somewhere he was not too good of a defense coach .I just hope the niners can win at least several games.thats too bad Wilson hurt the ankle as he has too be moble almost all the time. I think the Rams are getting a different quarter back.

I actually think Kelly is a completely under rated defensive coach.  Oregon's teams got all the press because they ran this science-fiction offense and scored a zillion points, but their defenses were always super tough, too.   SFs D looked really good against the Rams in week 1.   No one is going to look good against Carolina, though.  Those guys are just a good football team, and Cam Newton, love him or hate him, is phenomenal.

Well looks like Green Bay lost also  I do see the 49er's seem to be improving I just hope we can win at least six or more. Carolina is a hard place too play fooball period as its very hot and humid there .Carolina is a good team.

42 (edited by dino48 2016-09-20 21:03:36)

Cam Newton is fueding with Kapernick over the flag saluting. I do hope we will get rid of kapernick,he is bad for the team.Cam told    him the seventies called and they are missing an Afro.

Green Bay won and Seahawks ran over my 49ers. O'well maybe next week.

Pack beat the Lions and after the 1st half they almost let them get to close they need to play both halves with the same intensity and forget the "prevent victory defense"

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I do not see my team doing good for two or three years from now,but I can still be a Green Bay Fan!

I've been saying for a while that the 'Hawks offensive line was going to get Wilson killed, and yesterday may have been it.   They should thank their lucky stars that Russel Wilson's knee is still attached to his body.  That was one ugly bend on that tackle.

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Russell-Wilson-ankle-injury.jpg

That to me looks like a whole lot of ligament damage and "done for the year" status.  Ends up being a strained MCL and he may play next week.  The Jet's defensive front is ferocious, so if he can't move because of the bad ankle on one leg and the bad knee on the other, it may be better to sacrifice the backup.

jerome.oneil wrote:

I've been saying for a while that the 'Hawks offensive line was going to get Wilson killed, and yesterday may have been it.   They should thank their lucky stars that Russel Wilson's knee is still attached to his body.  That was one ugly bend on that tackle.

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Russell-Wilson-ankle-injury.jpg

That to me looks like a whole lot of ligament damage and "done for the year" status.  Ends up being a strained MCL and he may play next week.  The Jet's defensive front is ferocious, so if he can't move because of the bad ankle on one leg and the bad knee on the other, it may be better to sacrifice the backup.

I did not see it from that view,  hope he can come back I think he is an awful fierce competitor and very tough too keep down,

Ouchoooooooooo. 49ers lost too the cowboys, Seahawks won and no report on Green Bay yet.

Steel Curtain fell on Chiefs !!

Big Ben struck midnight 5 times !

Go STEELERS

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

My other team - the Seahawks -  even with Russell Wilson at 50%  - pretty darn tuff !
Beat JETS  -   Sherman's interception was the game !