Re: Football2016-2017 season

dino48 wrote:
Russell_Harding wrote:

The Pack plays the Seahawks at Lambau field should be a good game both teams need it

Should be a good game.

That was an @$$ kicking.   The Sadhawks looked especially sad.   Wilson was just off.  He's normally a really accurate passer, and he couldn't hit anyone.   Alternatively, if anyone wants to know why I think Aaron Rodgers is the best QB anyone has ever seen, he gave a lesson in "how to pick apart a defense missing some key players."   No DeShawn Shed?  Then lets open the game with a super long toss against his second string replacement, especially knowing that all world free safty Earl Thomas is also out hurt.

Since AZ lost to Miami,  all the 'Hawks have to do is win one more time and they clinch the division.  The way they are playing right now, though, that may be in question.

Fortunately, they close the season against the '49ers.   smile

Meanwhile, in college football, the Huskies are 17 point underdogs to Alabama with the over/under at 55.    That's sucker money.

Given the two defenses, I'd be surprised if the total combined scores is 17.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

You are right about winning against the 4ers

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

well we are now 1 and 13 that's pretty sad,I see Green Bay won today.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

It was a real slug fest in the windy city but the pack never gave up and pulled it out in the last minute

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Russell_Harding wrote:

It was a real slug fest in the windy city but the pack never gave up and pulled it out in the last minute

I wish they would show all the Green Bay games here.

The Packers look like they're heating up at just the right time.   And perhaps you haven't heard, but  I'll take a gimpy legged Aaron Rodgers over pretty much anyone.  smile

Since Detroit lost, Seattle is now in the #2 seed spot behind Dallas (clinched the #1 spot), which means if they win out they'll get a bye and a home game.  Which they're gonna need because they've been terrible on the road.

The line on the Peach Bowl seems to be holding steady at -16 for Alabama, which means all the suckers have placed their bets.

Arron Rogers is one of the best of all times.

We got 1 more win today. Green Bay looked awesome.

Green Bay is now my pick to play the Pats in the Super Bowl.   Dallas looks great, but I'll take old age and treachery over youth and enthusiasm every time.  smile

The Sadhawks are gonna be one-and-done.   Their O-line is a complete dumpster fire and they just lost Tyler Lockett for the season with a broken leg.  See also:  Derek Carr and Marcus Mariota, both of who were having great seasons.  Carr in particular.

135 (edited by dino48 2016-12-28 01:26:45)

jerome.oneil wrote:

Green Bay is now my pick to play the Pats in the Super Bowl.   Dallas looks great, but I'll take old age and treachery over youth and enthusiasm every time.  smile

The Sadhawks are gonna be one-and-done.   Their O-line is a complete dumpster fire and they just lost Tyler Lockett for the season with a broken leg.  See also:  Derek Carr and Marcus Mariota, both of who were having great seasons.  Carr in particular.

I agree Jerome. I thnk carr may have some injurys now.

Green Bay is not in yet- Lions could ruin their season with a win.  ( Doubtful, but possible.)

Steelers are gonna surprise someone - IF - they cn some support from their D- Line.

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

dino48 wrote:
jerome.oneil wrote:

I agree Jerome. I thnk carr may have some injurys now.

Carr is having surgery today on his broken leg.  He might make it back in time for OTAs next year.   I don't even know who the Raiders' backup is, but Carr is a young superstar in the making, and it's tough to replace those kinds of people.

Rex Ryan got fired this morning.   They're putting Tyrod Taylor on the bench so he doesn't get injured, so they can cut him after the end of the season.    I'd like to see what he can do in an organization that isn't a disaster.  big_smile

TIGLJK wrote:

Green Bay is not in yet- Lions could ruin their season with a win.  ( Doubtful, but possible.)

Steelers are gonna surprise someone - IF - they cn some support from their D- Line.

The Packers are red hot right now, right when they need to be.   I don't see anyone beating them.

Steelers v Pats in the AFC Championship game.  Score will be 137 - 104.  big_smile

Stealers vs pats sounds like basketball scoring. Seahawks will get a win playing 49ers.

49ers TRIED. Go Green Bay.

Pat's looking good to me....

badeye                      cool

one caper after another

badeye wrote:

Pat's looking good to me....

badeye                      cool

ya they do look good but lts time too see some other teams there.

dino48 wrote:

49ers TRIED. Go Green Bay.

I don't know what Pete was thinking when he pulled his starters in the 4th.  The Seahawks are already stumbling into the playoffs, slipping from the #2 to the #3 seed when they choked on Arizona.   If they had lost to the 49ers, they would have slipped to #4 and instead of seeing Detroit at home, they'd be on the road to Green Bay.

In college ball, my Huskies went out and put on a pretty good show against Alabama.  The Dawgs defense held Alabama's offense mostly in check (320 total yards and 17 points) but that Alabama defense was as good (or better) as advertised, and managed to stymie the Huskies offense and score a bunch of points on their own.    Big plays decided the game, and Alabama made them.    27-7 final.

The other semi-final game went like I though:  A blowout, but it was Clemson embarrassing Ohio State rather than the other way around like I had predicted.  I don't know if that means Ohio State wasn't that good or if Clemson really was that good, but  Alabama will let us know when Clemson plays them for the national championship.  big_smile

The Big 10 did not fare well in bowl season.  Along with the Buckeyes getting killed, Michigan lost to Florida State, and Big 10 champion Penn State lost a doozy to USC in the Rose Bowl.

And Dino, it looks like you're getting your wish come true!  Both Chip Kelley and Trent Baalke are out in SFO.

Somehow, I don't think that will fix it, though.  big_smile

jerome.oneil wrote:

And Dino, it looks like you're getting your wish come true!  Both Chip Kelley and Trent Baalke are out in SFO.

Somehow, I don't think that will fix it, though.  big_smile

They need a new team!!

Green Bay is going another week. I did not catch the Seahawwks score yet.

I'm hoping for a SeaHawks - Steelers Superbowl - I can't lose - my two faves !!

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Seahawks won decisively.   Honestly, I didn't think they were going to win.  They could barely run the ball against San Francisco, and while Detroit's defense is no great shakes, they're better than the 49ers.   Couple that with "Matt Stafford vs "not-Earl Thomas" at safety" and I thought it would be a 47-32 track meet.

Atlanta is a whole 'nother kettle, though.

Green Bay v. Dallas is going to be a classic.  Steelers v Chiefs has all the makings of a classic.

Good weekend of football coming up!  smile

TIGLJK wrote:

I'm hoping for a SeaHawks - Steelers Superbowl - I can't lose - my two faves !!

Of all the match-ups I'd like to see the 'Hawks in the Superbowl with, this is the one that least interests me.  And it's nothing against the Steelers.  That would be a great game. 

It's because if it is a rematch of Superbowl XL, then I'm going to have to listen to every whiner in the universe cry about officiating and getting robbed! (With no mention of all those dropped passes) and I don't think I could handle that.  big_smile

I think it will be Green Bay and one of the others.