Topic: New Yamaha TransAcoustic Guitars

Yamaha has created a new acoustic guitar called a TransAcoustic that has an actuator fixed to the back bracing of the guitar and it offers reverb and chorus that comes out of the sound hole from the front of the  guitar. This happens without the guitar being plug in to a amplifier. Here is a link from the Yamaha website:  http://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical- … a-guitars/

From what I have read the technology was first introduced in their pianos.

For acoustic guitar players what do you think about this idea?

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

2 (edited by Grah1 2016-08-21 12:25:06)

Re: New Yamaha TransAcoustic Guitars

This  is  interesting

Grah1  Thank  you. I should have included it takes two AA batteries and they think they should last 10 hours or so of playing time. The guitar can be played as a normal acoustic when the affects are not activated.

Looks like it is a winning setup.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I'd like to try one. The technology sounds very interesting.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

They are quite expensive Gear 4Music at York have them on offer at 847 pounds  normal retail is over 900 .I'd still like to try one  but the price is a bit prohibitive at the moment

That is quite interesting!  I can't decide if I like it or not though!  LOL!  I do think it'd be something worth giving a try, and if I ever see one in a store I will.  Hmmm... I'll have to keep my eyes open for that one.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

CG are you all Yamaha, all the time? You seem to be a great fan of the brand.

Baldguitardude wrote:

CG are you all Yamaha, all the time? You seem to be a great fan of the brand.

No not really and until recently I did not own a Yamaha. The reason I found out about the  TransAcoustic Guitars is I went to Yamaha to look up their classical guitar case product number and once I had it I look at new products and it sounded like a really interesting idea. In reality I have never played a steel string guitar and I have never held a guitar pick.

Every other classical guitar I own were all hand made and  included 7 guitars from 3 difference luthiers. I freely admit I am very impressed with the  Yamaha CG192 in both Cedar and Spruce and recently I played them in two different events.

Never heard of or saw anything like this before. Gotta hand it to Yamaha, their stated reasons for creating these few augmentations are spot on, and they appear to have hit it right. Very cool idea!