Topic: humbuckers

Gibson sells guitars, like an SG, for a real low price. I have a SG Menace.
The coils you can find are 490R and 498T alnico magnet humbuckers, on the SG reissues.
My menace has the following coils: 490R Smoky Coils and Bridge Pickups: 498T Smoky Coils The SG standard is a lot more expensive than, the menace, I know that the menace, is pure wood, and has no lacquer so my question is, what is
- THE DIFFERENCE, sound, and why using almost or the same kind of humbuckers, on a standard, the 490R and 498T ALNICO MAGNET HUMBUCKERS, and the SG MENACE having similar coils, BUT THEY ARE CALLED 490R SMOKY COILS, and 498T SMOKY COILS.

Is there a very big difference in sound, and what is the difference between the 2 kinds of coils.
Or, even better, will an EPIPHONE SG, an expensive one be better or not

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: humbuckers

It could be the type of magnets and or the winding K value. The will both effect the tone and output of the pickups.

Bootlegger.