Topic: Eleanor Rigby cover

We like to try and not limit our selections and we are up to taking chances and ruffling a few feathers of purists so with that in mind Retro Buzz takes on a Beatles classic
https://youtu.be/ogHoSODagzI

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: Eleanor Rigby cover

Well that's going to make people sit up and listen. Personally I was expecting something to come out of the backdrop and swallowing the drummer. If I were him  I'd move to the front. Your having a lot of fun, and that's what its all about.

Thick as two short planks

Re: Eleanor Rigby cover

What good is playing music if you cannot enjoy it a lot can be said for letting the creative juices flow it helps the brain (really) smile

keepitreal wrote:

Well that's going to make people sit up and listen. Personally I was expecting something to come out of the backdrop and swallowing the drummer. If I were him  I'd move to the front. Your having a lot of fun, and that's what its all about.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: Eleanor Rigby cover

Great take  on  Eleanor Rigby. I really enjoyed listening to it.

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

Re: Eleanor Rigby cover

Dig it man. Sweet hat!

Re: Eleanor Rigby cover

Glad ya liked it and thanks! smile

Classical Guitar wrote:

Great take  on  Eleanor Rigby. I really enjoyed listening to it.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: Eleanor Rigby cover

The drummer suggested this hat it was more of a dare but what the heck I came up with the arrangement several years ago but never played it with a band smile

Baldguitardude wrote:

Dig it man. Sweet hat!

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: Eleanor Rigby cover

Just watched and listened. Good work, guys. They'll dance at the rib-fests and other foot stompers!

Russell_Harding wrote:

We like to try and not limit our selections and we are up to taking chances and ruffling a few feathers of purists so with that in mind Retro Buzz takes on a Beatles classic
https://youtu.be/ogHoSODagzI

Re: Eleanor Rigby cover

Thanks Kevin  looking forward to a few festivals and definitely some rib fest (love dem ribs) smile 

KevinRK wrote:

Just watched and listened. Good work, guys. They'll dance at the rib-fests and other foot stompers!

Russell_Harding wrote:

We like to try and not limit our selections and we are up to taking chances and ruffling a few feathers of purists so with that in mind Retro Buzz takes on a Beatles classic
https://youtu.be/ogHoSODagzI

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: Eleanor Rigby cover

Good cover Russell.How about doing Rawhide like the blues bros    did it.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Re: Eleanor Rigby cover

Thank you dino regarding Rawhide we do it just aint got around to taping it but I will keep it in mind for a future taping smile

dino48 wrote:

Good cover Russell.How about doing Rawhide like the blues bros    did it.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: Eleanor Rigby cover

Hey Russell ...

I haven't commented on every one of your covers, but they're all very good renditions while showing respect to the originals. What's real obvious is that you guys are having a blast! I'm sure your practice / jam / recording sessions have become weekly highlights for you ... reward enough in itself.

Long live "Retro Buzz"!

ACOUSTICS:  Cordoba D10-CE / LaPatrie "Concert" / Takamine GD30CE-12 / Norman ST30
ELECTRICS:  EP Les Paul Custom Pro / Gretsch Streamliner G2420T / EP Thunderbird Pro IV bass
AMPS:  Peavey "TF" VK212 / Traynor AM150T / Fender Rumble 150
EFFECTS: Boss ME-80 Multi-effects / Ibanez WD7 wah / Grand Orbiter V3 Phaser

Re: Eleanor Rigby cover

Hi TF yes it is a blast total freedom to interpret any song the way it feels we kind of look at songs as blueprints under construction. All our rehearsals start around 9:15am due to family time for the other guys we end around noon but I am tasked with all the editing of the videos which run usually 4 to 5 hours. the sound tracks have to be processed separate in my Ozone Advanced 7 program and added to the videos not to mention I have to dig up new background film for the green screen effects by dig up I actually shoot additional footage off the tv or any source I can find yes music is not a job it's an adventure smile thanks for taking a look and posting smile

Tenement Funster wrote:

Hey Russell ...

I haven't commented on every one of your covers, but they're all very good renditions while showing respect to the originals. What's real obvious is that you guys are having a blast! I'm sure your practice / jam / recording sessions have become weekly highlights for you ... reward enough in itself.

Long live "Retro Buzz"!

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: Eleanor Rigby cover

Can you repost the link? It is not working in YouTube :-(     

Re: Eleanor Rigby cover

I removed the video after the drummer went to another band

Gitt_R wrote:

Can you repost the link? It is not working in YouTube :-(

     

"Growing old is not for sissies"