1 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2017-04-07 13:32:38)

Topic: Working On Something.....

.....as you know, most of my stuff starts off as a poem and then I need to figure out chords.

This one is about a becalmed sailboat stuck in the Sargasso Sea in what is known as "The Horse Latitudes". There;s hardly any wind there, if at all, and one can find (or could at one time) many derelicts just floating around. In short, you don't wanna get caught there if you were sailing in the 19th century with no engine.

My problem is I need to work on a part in it that even I know  would be inappropriate for this site. If you'll think about it, you'll figure it out for yourself. I will have to write around it or change the thing altogether.

I am trying to work Samuel Taylor Coleridge's  Rime Of The Ancient Mariner into it somehow without, of course, mentioning the title of the work. Maybe a reference to an albatross, I don't know. I'll work on it some more and clean it up --- y'all know how weird my work is, right? smile

Thanks

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: Working On Something.....

First it is good to see you back posting, welcome back. I like what you have done in the past so I am sure you will figure out a way to make the song work for Chordie.

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Classical Guitar. smile

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

welcome back Bill, I for one have missed you buddy.

I'm afraid I've never read the ancient mariner, so I don't know what you're referring to, but I'm sure you'll get there.

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Very much looking forward to your creation, Bill ... you've got a terrific imagination and equally terrific vocabulary: I'm sure it'll be amazing.