Topic: SONG EDITS VISIBLE TO ME, BUT NOT TO OTHERS

I've used Chordie for myself for years, username = hokd.

I started a new account on behalf of the Cincinnati Amateur Acoustic Musicians. Our thought was to put our jam book online, with the various set leaders keeping it up to date. Gone the days of sending out PDFs in emails. You would just need the set list, and could get that right at the monthly jam if you wanted.

Great idea, we thought. The problem comes when I edit songs to get them in the right key, or add a note about capo placement. Those edits are visible when I am signed in as CAAM_JAM, but revert to the original version when I look at the songbook while signed in as hokd or not signed in at all. Also, while my songbook is listed in the index, it shows 0 songs, 0% edited. I have 9 songs, all edited. I re-edited and re-saved using another browser, no change.

Any help would be appreciated. And if the original idea is a bad one, let me know. Thanks.

songbook = chordie.com/publicdetails.php?songbookid=520322

Re: SONG EDITS VISIBLE TO ME, BUT NOT TO OTHERS

CAAM JAM

I think I had that same thing  happen, but then realized that where it list your songbook there is a little arrow and other song books you have are listed there .  For example, I loaded a song and it created a new songbook.  I had to move it to my other songbook which had over a 100 songs that wasn't initially showing. After I moved it I just deleted the songbook with that new song.  s
I'm not sure that is the same issue as yours, but if it is - it may be  the solution. smile Have a great day
Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

I'm not the resident tech expert around here but I have a theory.

Since CAMM_Jam made the changes, only CAMM_Jam is able to see them.

Let's say for example, you changed "Wish You Were Here" from the Key of "G" to the key of "D" because it's easier for you to sing in "D". Not everyone would find that easier so it remains in the original key for everyone but CAMM.

Have you asked  any of the other members of the group to log in. My guess is, if they sign in under CAMM the changes will be visible. If they have an account of their own and sign it with that one, they won't see the changes either.

I'm sure someone above my pay grade will be along to correct me if I'm wrong. smile

As long as the Songbook has been published and made 'Public' (by clicking on the world icon in a blue box, far right) anyone should be able to see the Songbook as it has been edited by the Member. Although I can follow the link and see the Songbook I cannot find it by searching the published Songbooks so I suspect it has not been published.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"