Topic: cover HURT SO GOOD

We let Howard the bass player take a turn on a John Mellencamp hit Hurt so good at rehearsal today
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFfzCF8 … e=youtu.be
I am using my new Stratocaster for the 1st time at rehearsal love it! smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: cover HURT SO GOOD

Nothing sounds like a Strat. Good one man!

That was awesome !   Way to go guys !

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Thanks and I agree the Strat is a very unique sound. Our drummer has a lot of guitars he also plays but he is left handed and my new guitar only comes in right handed models he really wants one for all the reasons I did lol funny I never really wanted to be a drummer smile

Baldguitardude wrote:

Nothing sounds like a Strat. Good one man!

TIGLJK wrote:

That was awesome !   Way to go guys !

Thank you, we are really gearing up for the summer gigs our playlist has enough songs for any venue and rehearsals are vital to hone our sound to a nice edge smile

Retro Buzz does it again. Nice job. Thanks for sharing.

Just noticed you are finger picking this one, so I went on your page and watched a few and see you alternate between fingerpicking and flatpicking. How do you choose which technique you use?

Tyson7 wrote:

Retro Buzz does it again. Nice job. Thanks for sharing.

Hi Tyson thanks for dropping by and giving a listen much appreciated smile

Baldguitardude wrote:

Just noticed you are finger picking this one, so I went on your page and watched a few and see you alternate between fingerpicking and flatpicking. How do you choose which technique you use?

Good question BGD  smile  I can fingerpick just about any song it really comes down to what sounds best to me it has nothing to do with speed more to do with tone smile

Awesome stuff!

Glad ya stopped by to give a look thank you! smile

Guy Tara wrote:

Awesome stuff!

Nice, Russ!  I see you were having fun again playing with your green screen too!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

mekidsmom wrote:

Nice, Russ!  I see you were having fun again playing with your green screen too!

Hi Amy, yes I have a very good program for green screening and other video techniques it only cost me $24.00 and is good forever it is called TrakAx and combined with the video camera Sony HD-MVI which produces accurate sound reproduction I have the best setup Thank you for taking a look and leaving a comment smile