Re: Backyard Gathering - 2017 - August 5th!

Yep. Only 3 weeks away.

Like Amy, I'm looking forward to forgetting about everything else for a weekend. Haven't done much of that yet this year.

__________________________________
[b]Today Is Only Yesterdays Tomorrow[/b]

Re: Backyard Gathering - 2017 - August 5th!

I need to ask a favor from everyone going. I need help playing a joke on Chris. Nothing mean or dirty.  She will know right away that it was my idea.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: Backyard Gathering - 2017 - August 5th!

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

I need to ask a favor from everyone going. I need help playing a joke on Chris. Nothing mean or dirty.  She will know right away that it was my idea.

Me thinks you may need to go into a little more detail.  big_smile

__________________________________
[b]Today Is Only Yesterdays Tomorrow[/b]

29 (edited by joeyjoeyjoey 2017-07-17 18:32:00)

Re: Backyard Gathering - 2017 - August 5th!

unclejoesband wrote:
joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

I need to ask a favor from everyone going. I need help playing a joke on Chris. Nothing mean or dirty.  She will know right away that it was my idea.

Me thinks you may need to go into a little more detail.  big_smile

Everytime is because I`m joeyjoeyjoey. If I win a car show, it`s because I`m joeyjoeyjoey. Everything I do, it`s because I`m joeyjoeyjoey. I even got her daughter to say that to her one time. She said it`s because he`s joeyjoeyjoey.  So now she says "I know it`s because you`re joeyjoeyjoey".  So now I say it`s because I`m --- then I point to the ink on my left arm that says joeyjoeyjoey. The trick-- If she says anything about me to any of you. Good or bad. Can you say to her---- THAT`S BECAUSE HE`S JOEYJOEYJOEY.  That`s it. Nothing harmful or mean. A stupid trick since she doesn`t let me say it anymore. She has a great sense of humor and won`t get mad at anyone.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: Backyard Gathering - 2017 - August 5th!

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

She has a great sense of humor and won`t get mad at anyone.

Yeah last  time I heard something like that.....  the lady pulled my belt buckle and POURED a beer behind it !!  big_smile

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Re: Backyard Gathering - 2017 - August 5th!

Doug_Smith wrote:
joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

She has a great sense of humor and won`t get mad at anyone.

Yeah last  time I heard something like that.....  the lady pulled my belt buckle and POURED a beer behind it !!  big_smile

If she does it to anyone, it will be me.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: Backyard Gathering - 2017 - August 5th!

I'll do it. But only because you are joeyjoeyjoey.

Re: Backyard Gathering - 2017 - August 5th!

mekidsdad wrote:

I'll do it. But only because you are joeyjoeyjoey.

Thanks Jim. If you can get everyone to do it. That would be great.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: Backyard Gathering - 2017 - August 5th!

I'm on board!  Because you ARE joeyjoeyjoey!  Chris really does have a great sense of humor!  We're looking forward to seeing you two again (and everyone else too of course)!!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Re: Backyard Gathering - 2017 - August 5th!

2 weeks away!

Changed the oil in the car yesterday. I'm ready for a road trip. smile

__________________________________
[b]Today Is Only Yesterdays Tomorrow[/b]

Re: Backyard Gathering - 2017 - August 5th!

We are still arguing over which car to take. Her Subaru or My FJ Cruiser. Everything else is worked out. We have a place to stay. The bread machine already made its debut. It is staying home. Lol

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: Backyard Gathering - 2017 - August 5th!

Amy, did you get my pm?  Jen and I won't be back from Florida until next Monday.  She wants to rest so I'll be coming alone.  Oneida Pines campground is full - is there room for my tent in your yard?

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Re: Backyard Gathering - 2017 - August 5th!

It's a big yard.

Unless you're bringing a 3 ring circus tent I'll bet it could be squeezed in somewhere. http://www.desismileys.com/smileys/desismileys_3843.gif

__________________________________
[b]Today Is Only Yesterdays Tomorrow[/b]

Re: Backyard Gathering - 2017 - August 5th!

DE there is plenty of room. If you want to bring your camper you can park it next to the pole barn and have electricity too. Looking forward to seeing everyone next weekend. It's a bummer Jen won't make it.

Re: Backyard Gathering - 2017 - August 5th!

Replied to your message, Ken! 

UJB- this is true!  Ha ha!  We certainly have room, even for a one or two ring circus tent, I think.  We also have some undeveloped land down the road a bit if anyone REALLY wanted to rough it!

Important lesson: when planning get togethers, check your email!  Lol!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Re: Backyard Gathering - 2017 - August 5th!

Leaving Friday. Have a place to stay. Taking my automobile. (cah). Looking forward.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: Backyard Gathering - 2017 - August 5th!

By god Ill make it next year.If my detailing goes the way i want it to, i can bank the money for the ticket.then ill need one detail request for making it official, and I'll be cross-country FCD, besides I think its a nice host gift big_smile Jeff sure liked it and I had to do that one by hand!  I just need to write off the trip big_smile .  Maybe I can get the wife to join, maybe not, maybe one of the boys IDK.  but I'm putting it on the wife's calendar for next Aug.

“It’s like a Jab, you got the squeeze and you got the attack, you got the guitar and the emotion behind the song. 
You can plug into a Marshall, but if you are not attacking it,  it's just going to sound so-so.  If the song doesn't grove, you are just bashing through chords” .
-- Mike Ness,  Social Distortion

Re: Backyard Gathering - 2017 - August 5th!

Well, we've got a slew of vehicles or tractors to choose from... or we could raffle it off... or give it to whomever travels the most miles (minus yourself and crew of course... or... maybe your wife could win, then you wouldn't have to do a darn thing while here and can still write it off)!

Maybe you just need to visit so you can give me a quote on ALL the above????  wink GET OVER HERE! 

Hopefully next year, Scott!

SEE ya next Friday JJJ!!!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Re: Backyard Gathering - 2017 - August 5th!

Got back from Pensacola late last night. Checked my email and have a request to play some "background" music for the opening of a new art show at a local gallery on Thursday evening.  My plans were to show up for the gathering Thursday afternoon but it may be Friday now.

I've got a pretty hectic schedule for the next few weeks.  As I said, I just got back from Pensacola Florida and visiting my oldest daughter's family for my oldest granddaughter and grandson's birthdays and watching my youngest granddaughter in a production of "Cats". Later this week I'll be in New York for Amy's gathering.  On the 20th I'll head to Orlando Florida for my #2 grandson's birthday and get back just in time to leave for a 10-day canoe/fishing/camping trip in Canada.  I'll get back from that trip a day before we celebrate my youngest grandson's first birthday here in Ohio. I think this retirement gig is busier than the schedule I had when I was working. smile

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Re: Backyard Gathering - 2017 - August 5th!

We should arrive around mid to late afternoon. A little change in recreational habits this year. Lol. Remember. When talking to Chris. Any and anything that happens is because I`m joeyjoeyjoey. Not the whole weekend. Just long enough. She will know it was my idea.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: Backyard Gathering - 2017 - August 5th!

I should be there around noon Friday. See ya'll then.  smile

__________________________________
[b]Today Is Only Yesterdays Tomorrow[/b]

Re: Backyard Gathering - 2017 - August 5th!

Chris already told you. Change of plans.  Either late Friday night or Saturday afternoon. Depending on what time the shoot ends.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: Backyard Gathering - 2017 - August 5th!

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

Chris already told you. Change of plans.  Either late Friday night or Saturday afternoon. Depending on what time the shoot ends.

Don't let them damage the car.

And is your compensation for the shoot that they have to fill the back of the wagon with period appropriate guitars and amps and baking apparatus?

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: Backyard Gathering - 2017 - August 5th!

Zurf wrote:
joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

Chris already told you. Change of plans.  Either late Friday night or Saturday afternoon. Depending on what time the shoot ends.

Don't let them damage the car.

And is your compensation for the shoot that they have to fill the back of the wagon with period appropriate guitars and amps and baking apparatus?

I wish. I just have to park it with a bunch of old cars in a lot. We get paid, fed and get to meet the stars.  I refused the first time. They upped it to an obscene amount the next time. For a few hours of sitting. One town away.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: Backyard Gathering - 2017 - August 5th!

WOO HOO!  I'm officially on Vacation from work now!

Heading out to spend my paycheck on goodies and food and stuffs for the weekend!  SO looking forward to seeing everyone when they get in!  big_smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.