Topic: INSTRUMENTAL GROUPS

COMPARE/
VENTURES VERSUS SHADOWS
They were, are both great, and shadows. The original members were founder Ken Pavey , Terry Smart on drums , Norman Mitham on guitar , Ian Samwell on guitar and Harry Webb (= Cliff Richard) on guitar and vocals. They called themselves the drifters, but in the USA, was a group with the same name. For a short period : Cliff Richard and the drifters. Changing members: hank marvin (lead) and bruce welch (rhythm guitar). They performed a long time without bass player, until the change of the line up, Samwell: bass.
Here in Europe they had a huge success as Cliff Richards band & as band alone.

The "tribute bands" in Europe: impossible to count. My best friends plays bass in such a band, sometimes they have a gig, and the lead guitar, played by an aquantance is almost exactly kike they played.
He even has the "Burns" like Hank Marvin played (special, & expensive serie) and the fender stratocaster too. Don't ask him to play another NON SHADOWS song, because he is lost.
About the ventures, I just know that they are "ANOTHER SEATTLE band", sold over 110 million albums, but were not really "that" popular in the USA, but big in Europe, and in Japan.Who knows more about this groups.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]