Topic: FENDER VG has someone experience

Is there a "chordian" who owns this, or who played already on this Fender.
I have an electric Variax 700 electric.
which one is better?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: FENDER VG has someone experience

hey phil, the fender is definately a better made guitar and is similar to the line 6 but for the money I don't think either one is worth it! I've played them both! The one thing that is great about the fender and I don't remember if the line 6 has it but you can change keys just by turning a knob. So if you play alot of slide it could be very useful!

Re: FENDER VG has someone experience

Thanks Joey.
I have approximately 25 guitars, I had the Variax 700, both acoustic (???) and electric. I sold, with profit, the acoustic to someone who wanted it so bad that he gave me his Burns 2x6 (12 string ) electric, and I really love this guitar, and extra €€€. So only the "electric" is still in my possession, and I have to admit, it's a GOOD guitar. You have some "imitation sounds" fgenders, les pauls, 12 strings, and a few acoustics, and you are right about this: you turn a knob, and you will have an open tuning. I also purchased a real good "tube" amp, Marshall AS 100 D, 100W. I use this amp even more than the fabulofantasticamazing Fender Cybertwin 2x65W, with so many possibilities: almost all the Fender amps are in this monster, vibroking, basman, and many others.
The Cyber-Twin utilizes both analog and digital components to instantly become over 120 of the world’s most sought after classic and modern classic amplifiers tones. You have also a lot of other preselected effects, and you can put "your favourite tone" in the Cybertwin.
People DON'T HEAR A DIFFERENCE between their Fender Amp, and the same Amp IN the Cybertwin. Using this with the Variax 700 electric, sounds really good. More and more  great guitar brands, start to use or better to produce guitars, with the system you see in the Variax.
But having all these guitars, I still prefer, GIBSON, and FENDER, both Stratocaster (an original US made 1964 model = investement, and Telecaster (the best Fender I have is a special green telecaster, and the serie is called California Beach, and this Telecaster is a replica of the 1952 guitar). They are almost sold, and will become of great value.
Personnaly, I am a PRS man, having a 1993 PRS Custom 24 (full option), very light, and from jazz over blues to hard rock. I also have a special serie, produced (except one: an extra 2 years) from 1990-1992, to go in competition with Fender. The serie: PRS EG, 3 models (s=single coil, and h= humbucker) So I have a s-s-s, a s-s-h and a h-s-h. They produce them again in Korea, called PRS SE EG. I have an SE, I also mailed a few times to PRS, asking about the real difference: less "lacquir" but they always end up in the US, before releasing on the market.
They are SO GOOD these SE models, PRS SE Santana, PRS SE single cut, or soapbar, they answered me that about 50% of the SE series, have a different coil compared to the US. You can always change a Korean soapbar, by an US soapbar. PRICE: really balanced compared to the HIGH QUALITY. If I should buy a soapbar, it will be probably a Korean.
What do you think of the GIBSON, with signals on every string? As far as I know, it is quit complicated.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]