Topic: Digital Discomfort

Played for two hours Friday evening at a local restaurant, 4 hours Saturday evening around a campfire with friends and 3 hours Sunday at the monthly "munch & jam" held by the Foothill Folk Society, a group of local musicians.  Woke up this morning with sore fingers but also with a smile.

At this rate, my fingers should be toughened up for the New York gathering next month.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Re: Digital Discomfort

That's a lot of playing.

I've barely touched my guitars lately.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: Digital Discomfort

Zurf wrote:

That's a lot of playing.

I've barely touched my guitars lately.

You need to find time Big D.

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Re: Digital Discomfort

I feel you Ed. I've started running down complete sets to get ready for gigging again. Barely made it 45 minutes the other day. Used to be that 3-4 hours (with 2 breaks) was no big deal. I feel like a newbie all over again!

Re: Digital Discomfort

Feeling your pain ... that's quite a weekend of work, DE. Sore fingertips are one thing, and I'm personally feeling (and seeing) my arthritic knuckles starting to get a few odd lumps and bumps. They reduce my playing time and playing speed, so I've had to make some technique adjustments to accommodate. Life goes on ...

ACOUSTICS:  Cordoba D10-CE / LaPatrie "Concert" / Takamine GD30CE-12 / Norman ST30
ELECTRICS:  EP Les Paul Custom Pro / Gretsch Streamliner G2420T / EP Thunderbird Pro IV bass
AMPS:  Peavey "TF" VK212 / Traynor AM150T / Fender Rumble 150
EFFECTS: Boss ME-80 Multi-effects / Ibanez WD7 wah / Grand Orbiter V3 Phaser

Re: Digital Discomfort

Dirty Ed wrote:
Zurf wrote:

That's a lot of playing.

I've barely touched my guitars lately.

You need to find time Big D.

4,828 days to retirement.

I have a little time in the evening, but I'm wiped out. I've started hitting the trail again, doing a couple miles in the woods most days which has done a lot for my mentality but not a lot for my limited free time.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: Digital Discomfort

Tenement Funster wrote:

Feeling your pain ... that's quite a weekend of work, DE. Sore fingertips are one thing, and I'm personally feeling (and seeing) my arthritic knuckles starting to get a few odd lumps and bumps. They reduce my playing time and playing speed, so I've had to make some technique adjustments to accommodate. Life goes on ...

I have arthritis problems too TF, so I keep an "Icy Hot" stick in my guitar case.  It looks like a deodorant stick but dispenses "Icy Hot" arthritis medication instead. I had to get it out several times over the weekend and rub some on the backs of my fingers and hands.  Seems to help.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs