1 (edited by beamer 2017-07-30 19:21:43)

Topic: How Many

My wife has started a new job as a appointed visitation supervisor for children and their messed up parents.  I dont know how she does it. just from what she relates to me. Its pretty powerful stuff.  this hit me today while refilling her USB drive for music.

Babies of love
Too many babies of hate,
babies of indiscretion
tell me what is your state.
Living without knowing
Yet knowing and living
Void of compassion,
How many are forgotten?
How many reach out,?

How many cry?

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

2 (edited by Peatle Jville 2017-07-30 23:38:21)

Re: How Many

I knew a guy who was constantly angry and found it hard to have meaningfull close relationships. He didnt have any close family and was fosterd out from birth and brought up mostly in institutions. I think his childhood where neglect and abandonment were the landscape of  his life made him into the adult he became.
He sadly took  his own life. It felt as though he never got to know  or feel how important his life  was to others.
Your poem asks a  question about children and babies that moves me. Great words Beamer.

Re: How Many

Thank you.  It's such a overwhelming thought that so many try to pretend that it doesn't exist.  Between that and growing up homeless.  It's enough to make you just shut down.
She has a case with 5 siblings she says are all so sweet and smart.   She would have us adopt them all but knows we can't.  Not right now that is for certain.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)