Topic: ABOUT 2 BANDS

- PHISH: an interesting band. They have a lot, a real lot of songs: 620 individual compositions, of which 226 were originals (of the 244 they penned) and 394 covers. (see Wikipedia) PHISH , is for me no really a welknown group over here in EUROPE.

After my 10 months of inactivity, I had THANK YOU GOD, my computer, and there were a few sites giving you the opportunity to download for free: NAPSTER & AUDIO GALAXY. At that moment you had a third one, limewire. On limewire you could find some songs, who were not in the napster. So I was looking to download DARK SIDE ON THE MOON, but I was amazed to find  50% and 50*.

- INCUBUS is another more special group.

CHORDIANS, help is needed.
The things I know from phish, by downloading them by mistake. It was VERY POSITIVE and well performed group.

INCUBUS, a have heard of them, but what kind of groups are those two.
The other rumour I heard was the fact that PHISH almost had a gig a day, and they worked together with the late JERRY GARCIA.
Greetings to you all

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: ABOUT 2 BANDS

Hi Phil,
Phish has a cult like following almost like the Greatful Dead in their prime.  There is a core group of fans that will follow that band all over the country.  You never really hear Phish on the radio over here (also like the Greatful Dead with the exception of one or two songs).  Are they still together and touring?  I'm not sure.

I don't know much about Incubus other than the fact that I love their music.  They have a very distinctive sound.  When you hear them you know it's them.

Jim

Phish broke up a few years ago.
They still perform especially Trey Anastasio.
http://www.trey.com/
http://www.pagemcconnell.com/

Phish adopted the grateful dead fans but took it in different directions. They made the modern day Jamband genre.  I can't even begin to count how many times I've seen them live. No recording will ever begin to recreate that experience. In terms of them being cult like, the more one listens to them, the more you figure out what their really talking about. It's all one big college thesis mindgame with the most amazing music ever made in the last 20 years. They are very cryptic. They love to play with minds, hence psychedelia. One can say that they may have even pushed it quite too far. Certainly they have the formula for creating masterful music. They're classicly trained. Unfortunatly what I found unappealing was the audience =the following. The substance abuse is rampid and quite scary. I've seen people doing some scary things. This is something that I could not be a part of. Anyway I did have some good times too & enjoyed some of the most amazing music ever. The only band that I've seen that could ever pull off this calipre of playing was Pink Floyd. Hands down these guys were amazing. My last show, they havn't played the Tweeter center for a few years, due to the crazy scene,, they opened up with Boston's ; Foreplay>Longtime which was note for note, sound for sound identicle to Boston's playing. You couldn't tell the difference, quite clever trick. You never knew what they were going to do, play bluegrass, cover songs, reggae, country rock, hard avant garde, ambient or any other possible genre even till the sun comes up, yes they did it. Anyway a lot of good memories but I'm glad it's over for now. They were a catalist for some powerful things that most people were not capable controling. I guess you'd have had to been there.

If you get the chance, listen to some of their live stuff with headphones without distraction. There is something for everybody in their catalog.

There is a guy on my block who lives for rock, he plays records day and night, and when he feels down he puts the rock and roll on and it makes him feel alright. - The Kinks, Rock And Roll Fantasy

Guys thanks already for your information. I swear, ask 100 people, music lovers, they will know almost all the GRATEFUL DEAD, but their songs????
and PHISH: I discovered them accidentally, in the napster era, while downloading Pink Floyd, I had Phish in stead. You order MEAT (floyd) and you get PHISH in stead, (what am I funny today ). You know what I mean. This was my first contact wioth this quit intreging group. Without the big publicity machine used by record companies, and having the risk that they throw you out, if you sell 5.000.000 copies with your first album, and the next only 2.500.000.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]