Topic: First song

I'm not talkin' about the hook riff in"Smoke On The Water". I'm talkin' about the first song you learned all of the way through.

Mine; Bell Bottom Blues-Derek and the Dominos

Give everything but up.

2 (edited by manofgod 2007-08-05 04:18:37)

Re: First song

house of the rising sun. the animals

the answer is blowin' in the wind

Dylan's Knocking on Heaven's Door

You have to forget about what other people say; when you're supposed to die, when you're supposed to be lovin'. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.
                                                        -James Marshall Hendrix

Guns 'n' roses

i used to love her

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Randy Travis - Forever and Ever Amen

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Hi
Blame my guitar tutor.... "Greensleeves" and I
Can still play it with my eyes closed.
Ark

Ah that'll be BOXER Simon and Garfunkel......

aka ......   Boxer Petal....<3

I do not know if I dare admit this but what the heck, "Home On The Range".

In my own defence though it was the first song in the song book that came with my Elvis Presley, 4 string, plastic guitar that had an 'Autochord' (a plastic box that strapped on the fingerboard) with buttons to press to play the chords. It was also the fist one I played properly when the autochord broke.

hmm Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

We Are the Light by The Alarm believe it or not.

First song I absolutely concentrated on til I got it right.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

The first song that I learned all the way through was Good Riddance by Green Day. Not for any particular reason. I purchased a few song lessons from vguitarlessons and TOYL was just the easiest to pick up...

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

First song i remember learing is

johny b good by chuck berry

So Red Delicious

"Stuck in the Middle" by Stealer Wheels.

That was after the 10000 songs you learn with a 12 bar blues, though.   I learned all of them first.  If I could only remember the lyrics.  big_smile

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

i think amazing grace was the first song i ever learned.... then 'old habits' by hank jr.

All You Need is Love smile

alvee33 wrote:

We Are the Light by The Alarm believe it or not.

First song I absolutely concentrated on til I got it right.

I tried thios song not that long ago and found it pretty difficult to keep the rythum and sing.

i should give it another go i tihnk as it is a superb song for acoustic guitar.

hmmm, I am going to go get the lyrics and chords again just now for this

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Fortunate Son-CCR

I learned it in about two hours and it was my first accomplishment on the guitar.

My guitars: Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogony and Ibanez AE40 TEL acoustic.
My equipment: Peavey 100w combo (198?) and an ancient (1970's?) Crate 100w combo. A PODxt.

House of the rising sun. Played it for hours on end till my sisters wanted to throttle me!

I may be goin' to hell in a bucket babe

LA BAMBA, & of course the rising sun

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

house of the rising sun. My husband taught me to play and he ALWAYS plays this song...until we make him stop.

The first tunes I learned were coal mining songs like,Dark as a Dungeon, Coal by the Sea, Working Man,and Plain Ole Miner Boy. Still love to play those tunes today.

Badeye.

one caper after another

I started in fact to play note by note, and with the same speed, the fantastic song: I'M GOING HOME, by Ten Years After, followed by 50 ways to leave your lover and Bohemian Rhapsody.
I think I'm in the wrong corner here.
Better should be: well a similar topic

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

PATIENCE By Guns N Roses
remember Not the lead parts only chording and vocals

i live only to discover beauty. all else is a form of waiting

Pink Floyds Wish You Were Here... still play it, great  tune smile

::kori::

If you spend your life judging people, how will you ever have time to love them ♥

Leaving On A Jet Plane !  .......................my kids thought I should of.

"If You Always Do What You've Always Done - You'll Always Get What You've Always Got !"

Well corleone from New Zealand, I did start except for RISING SUN, and I think most of us started with this song.
BUT: BUT BUT, in Belgium, Brussels (the CAPITOL of EUROPE!!!), there was a guy on television, every wednesday, when we were free from school, he was on television, when it all started, and he must be between 85-90 years old and was on the screen for ages. It was a program for older kids, starting 10 years, but sometimes we looked at 17 (more to laugh, or pure nostalgia). The program was 3 hours and filled with cartoons, of course the MUST SEEN episode, performed by the best of the best actors we had here, and 40 minutes long. Those actors, as youngster, you had a crush on all of them and sometimes 1 time a year you could meet them. In 1971, I was 15 years old, 16 in December, is one of those memories. Everybody owning a television, must go to see them live. Incredible but true, 9 years later, a VERY LONG TIME, when 15 years old, I was the personal MEDICAL DOCTOR for the same actors and more really becoming very, very close friends. It is so crazy, you adore them, but they tell you that they adore you!! I am definitely not a pretender, I am just me, but it would be a big lie to denie that feeling.
So the TV man was called "UNCLE BOB", he was the smartest man alive for all the kids, knowing everything, like everything about learning to make knots when you take 2 ropes, and here we go: HE played guitar, and he edited also books (only in Flandres, the dutchpart of Belgium), sold book after book, and at the end of the show, he played guitar, surrounded by children, who were allowed to play, but more then a little whistle? I can't remember. He started to play, camera pointed at his fingers, and face, and every kid miles and miles away, could HEAR what he played, a real super song, try to do the same as he did?? it will be impossible, and an easy tune. So he played 2-3 songs, explained those songs, who were of course in his book. So, in fact all the rising sun, and Denver songs, he is known as the man who learned the children play guitar.
At first, I had already post my answer, but ask "every single guitar player, here where did you learn to play, you will always hear the same name: BOB", using very simple 2-3 chord diagrams, and a song, you could sing after you heard it ONCE.
To improve the skills, you started to practise more and more, but when you are 15 years old, and it is starting to get a burdon: I use pink floyd: "he teacher, leave us kids alone"