Topic: An Icon Is Gone. This time it`s for real.

The Bread Machine is gone. It has graced most of my NGD pictures. It is time to let it go. Picture on FB. It is the world`s most famous bread machine. At least in the Chordie world it is. Lol. I placed it down and walked away. It was in the back of my car for well over a year.

https://z-m-scontent-mad.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/24852426_1585579654841775_5499188815333958167_n.jpg?_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=1272&oh=59135f6692158ca0b91f8fb2f007d0b0&oe=5A8E245D

It's very first appearance:
https://z-m-scontent-mad.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/24899774_1585602041506203_561098001799761253_n.jpg?_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=1272&oh=8cb4a17f74a22fb005f8e8a723bcb87a&oe=5AD35CE8

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: An Icon Is Gone. This time it`s for real.

LOLOL and I just bought a 2 pound bread machine for my wife this year.  Hand in the air she asked for one. (and a dbl waffle maker) LOL

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Thank You picture fairy. All bread will be flown at half loaf in memory of the bread machine.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Thank You picture fairy. All bread will be flown at half loaf in memory of the bread machine.

Enjoy Every Sandwich

This probably should be in the "Poems" thread, but it belongs here:

FUNERAL for a BREAD MACHINE

Dearly beloved, family and friends.
We gather to mourn the end of all ends,
An icon is gone,
A legend of song,
The triple-J bread machine, amen and amen.

More than a backdrop, more than a stand,
The bread machine graced us all in Chordie land,
Its fame monumental,
Its claim intercontinental,

NGDs come and go as they may,
With bargains and deals almost day after day,
A show piece repeated,
Yet never defeated,

But life goes on, and guitars will be bought,
Just because they can, whether needed or not,
The pics may be shown,
But the loss will be known,

6 (edited by TIGLJK 2017-12-10 12:52:13)

TF

HYSTERICAL     

Great poem
Hope you don't mind me adding this last verse..... I couldn't help but think that by JJJ's description that he abandoned it somewhere.......  which led me to think - hmmmmm  who is gonna find it, hence the following......

What is this, an abandoned  treasure  found
a beautiful bread maker on the ground,
feels great to have it  in my car
but now I crave a new guitar
next generation owner, amen and amen

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

It was in a dumpster. We cleaned out my Mothers house this week.

Enjoy Every Sandwich