Re: Things We Hate...Or at least Dislike VERY MUCH!!

SouthPaw41L wrote:

With all due respect to the moderators, these forums are open to almost any topic. These "exchanges" of views and opinions are healthy and educational. Opposing views and dealing tactfully with them is the essence of life at its finest. We don't need a "big bad wolf" telling us what to say and how to say what we have to say. Let the chordians vent. In the long run it's the right thing to do. Some of my best friends today are people I've opposed in past days. Whether it be a differing view on politics, religion, music, or whatever, it's beneficial to understand or least be wise to, life on the "other side of the  tracks." Just my $.02
Southpaw41L

firstly,
the last three posts were superb!!!

now, Southpaw, yep, opinions are good but when you can see it turning into a slanging match or argument that is when itturns bad. bad for the two or three or 10 involved and bad for the newcomers visiting the forum and also this is a site for music, mainly guitars and chords for songs. Although this is a chat corner, it shall be moderated in such a way that there is no illfeeling in a bad wy, which is why I had to speak up.
I am not blaming anyone for it, iot will happen a lot more times no doubt.
Wit hso many people, yer always going to get a difference of opinion which is good but arguing abot politics,religion etc is not ood.

I am a keen bothyer ( someone that visits bothies) and there is an unwritten law in the bothy world, since you meet so many strangers and yer in an isolated shell of a house for a few days at a time sometimes it s not good to talk about these three things.
1.Politics....... always get argumets even if two people support the sae party.
2.religion........wit hit being the biggest cause for wars, it is so easy to startan argument
3. Football, ( as in real football, not gridiron) uless you get two supporters of the same team the n fireworks will fly, words will get louder, fisits will be waved.

So, if there is no mention from these three subjects you are bound to have a great time, great conversation and enjoy good company.
this forum dos not have this policy and so people can, I suppose, talk about these topics,but it just means it will gt very closely watched.

It is for the benefit of the chordians to read nice things, or even heated discussions, not arguments that get personal.

I was going to say that is my 2pence worth, but that is more like £1 worth.lo

All the best
Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

FOOTBALL?

Give me the good old Gaelic Game of Hurling! Or in Scotland Shinty! The Clash of The Ash!   No Sissys in this game! The finest skill with a moving ball you ever seen!

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

certainly is!!
Nevr played it but I have watched and thought Ouch, people think rugby is rough? no seen what pain is till you see these stick fly,lol

I read about shinty a few months ago up in newtonmore. It was brought to scotland by n irish priest that fell out with other hurling players in ireland, and he changed the rules slightly the way he wanted them to be and so shinty started in scotland.
Thats all I can remember from a big story that is on the wall in the village museum in Newtonmore. Great museum it is too, it is an outdoor one wit hold houses the way they lived in the 1700's and an old school from early 1900's and more things that I canny remember and now I am babbling,lol

Ken

no offence but soccer is probably the most boring sport ever...when do you guys score?

Baseball superior to cricket ??? I went to a major league game once when I was visiting with our Airforce. I love cricket and play every summer and I can see how people can say its slow , but that baseball game was 10 time worse than any cricket match and that stupid music between eeeeevery bit of play. Oh boy. Still- I do like baseball though

A five yr old could understand this. Somebody fetch a five yr old !
Groucho Marx

You have to appreciate that "soccer" is a VERY skillful game. If you've ever tried it you'll know. As with most sports it's the appreciation of these skills which makes it worth watching. It's also a lot to do with the spectators. The chanting, the banter, the atmosphere.

As for the most boring sport.....................cross country skiing!

What's that all about?

And don't get me started on golf!!!!

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Alvee,
i do watch soccer, as some of my family do play! One even played for Arsenal!
at one time!  One still plays for one of our top teams here at the moment.  He is The best goal Scorer of a dead ball ive ever seen. He is magic to watch.... But i still prefer "Hurling". Bring on the Ash!!
Old Doll.

Yeah!
I have to admit to being totally intrigued whenever I watch hurling on TV. It's on Setanta Sports quite a lot. It always looks like a wild game. Must be the Irish in me coming out!

Baseball, soccer, and golf.... fun to play, boring to watch

You have to forget about what other people say; when you're supposed to die, when you're supposed to be lovin'. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.
                                                        -James Marshall Hendrix

I'm with Alvee on golf. This has to the most boring "game" in the history of gamedom. I'd rather sit and watch paint dry than watch, or play, golfffffff. Yes golf does require a great deal of skill but athletesism? no sir re Bob. I group golf with activities such as bowling, billiards, NASCAR drivin', and competitive eating.

Give everything but up.

I quite like golf, but playing it, athough not played for years. Watching it is another story.

I love snooker, playing and watching even though it takes ages and makes me sleep.

I despise cricket, I got a gold medal in 2nd year in high school for this so called sport and I never hit the ball once,lol. I had one game then I went on holiday and the team ended up winning,lol.
So, there Ido hate something, even tough hate is a strong word, I go one furthr and say I despise it.

football ( the real meaning of the name ) is skillfuland excellent, if there are no goals then one team or both teams defended good enough, or the goalie in the teams are super, that is why sometimes there is no goals.

O, I hate the spice girls ( not each one personally, just theband and the music) I hate near enough all manufactured bands, but wats more... I hate the idea of a manufactured band.
and pop idol and anything like that

Ken

Competative eating! Now there's the game for me.

In cricket they break for lunch. In competative eating do they break for cricket? Bummer!

ive never seen cricket...but it has to be better than soccer. I heard its simalir  to baseball.

Strange as it may seem, cricket is played regularly here in Starkville, Mississippi.  The Indian Student Association has some teams and they play Sunday mornings on the Drill Field (the big grassy open space in the middle of campus) at Mississippi State University.

They also invite teams from other schools in the region for tournaments.  The competition is friendly and fierce.  It is great fun to watch these hard-working and normally very reserved and mild-mannered students get all emotional and have some rowdy fun.

Must confess though that the actual rules of the game escape me.

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Cricket eating contest?

I may be goin' to hell in a bucket babe

mhebert wrote:

Cricket eating contest?

Cool.......I can see the headlines;
Cricket Eating Contest---They're Churpin'/You're Burpin'--

Give everything but up.

SouthPaw41L wrote:
mhebert wrote:

Cricket eating contest?

Cool.......I can see the headlines;
Cricket Eating Contest---They're Churpin'/You're Burpin'--

Thats very funny......

Last years winner ate 2563 crickets in 5mins 32 secs. This year he is looking to break the record by 15 crickets or 7 secs. Unfortunatly his trainning season was cut shot as he had to move because the neighbors were complaining about all the birds in the area.

I may be goin' to hell in a bucket babe

Hi james
A brief rundown of the rules of Cricket are as follows.........

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in

Each man that’s in goes out and when he’s out he comes in.  The next man goes in until he’s out

When they are all out the side that’s out comes in and the side that’s been in goes out and tries to get those coming in out

Sometimes you  get men who are still in and not out

When both sides have been in and out including the not outs

The Games is over.   smile

Hope that clears it up

Regards

Ark

Nary a 100mph fastball to be seen in that there game.

Randy Johnson would freak out your cricket dudes.  Scare 'em right off the pitch!  (It's called a pitch, right?)

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Think how dangerous baseball would be if you could bounce the ball just in front of the batter(?). That's cricket. Still bores me rigid though.

That's one of the reasons why catchers wear so much gear.  Pitchers *do* one hop the ball on occasion, and the results are sometimes unpredictable.

Well, that, and Bary Bonds swinging a 48 ounce bat real close to your head....

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Oh yeah other things I hate, Barry Bonds

You have to forget about what other people say; when you're supposed to die, when you're supposed to be lovin'. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.
                                                        -James Marshall Hendrix

Hi Ark,

Thank you so much for sharing all that information with me! I am overcome with joy!
When do i put my left leg in? and twirl it all about?  Or is there an asha asha we all fall down bit? just for fun you know!lol
Cricket still reminds me of the game of "Rounders! we used to play as kids?

Aside! Now when one is in the other is out ! when the out is in the other is out......   ah Ark id rather cook a meal for the whole lot,  whether there in or out!
Anyone like a Devon  Cream Tea..
I do believe Ark you will also know how they keep there whites so white? Do tell!
Slán

Old Doll.

Hi old doll
just a bit of fun.
I always thought the American Game of Baseball was based on Rounders.:)
maybe be rumour...

Ark

jerome.oneil wrote:

While both nations have elections and peaceful transfer of power,   we have, as a final option, the 2nd Amendment.  As I'm sure young squire Sanguine will now be able to tell you,  it exists for the sole purpose of defending the citizen against the federal government.   Jefferson was quite explicit when he wrote that letter to King George III in 1776.  He stated categorically that it is not just the right, but the *obligation* of free men to throw off tyranny and oppression.

We are not subjects to the government as a result.

i completely agree with that the second ammendment is there to gaurd against political tyrants.

did you know the tyrants of athens and ancient greece were brought to power by the support of the people and that the people got rid of them whenever they failed in their duties?

So Red Delicious